Chameleon Came in Today!!!

I've thought about Blue bottle flies, but I guess I just assumed a chameleon of Nige's size/age (almost 8 months) wouldn't shoot at them since they were so small. Thoughts?

One thing I forgot to mention that I really like about them is when your order them in pupae form, you can keep them in the fridge for a few weeks and just take out what you need the day prior and they will hatch out and are ready to go. I also will just leave a bunch of pupae in with merlin if I'm going to be gone for a day and don't want to leave crickets in with him so it kind of creates a "trickle" feeder affect as they come out. I'm actually going to order more on Monday. I will say that if it's hot where you are, get the insulation and cold pack just so they don't all come out in the shipment. When mine arrived a decent amount were already out, but it was much hotter at that point in time.

Make it a great day,

Thought I would put up a picture of Merlin after he had a nice 15 minute shower on his plant. I finally have his umbrella plant INSIDE his enclosure versus next to it haha :D Now I just have to wait for the plant to fill the enclosure a little better so I can remove the fake stuff.

I also plan to work on the armoire enclosure more so I can have it ready in the next few weeks. I'll probably order some more stuff and slowly get into placing it and making the natural looking background. I'll put up pics as I go, there are pictures of it how it sits on my profile and the thread I'll continue (from a loooong time ago) is:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/enclosure-inside-enclosure-141871/\
I started that thread with the idea that I'd put the smaller screen enclosure inside the big one, but it turned out to be easier to just set the screen up on it's own for now.
Make it a great day everyone,

Attachments

• post shower.jpg
    post shower.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 167
So I just got back from being gone for a week for work and Merlin seems to be showing some more contrasting colors especially on his face. These were taken over lunch as he was chasing down crickets. First picture is with a flash.
Make it a great day everyone,

Attachments

• flash hunting.jpg
    flash hunting.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 161
  • hunting crickets.jpg
    hunting crickets.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 147
  • hunting crickets1.jpg
    hunting crickets1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 139
Checking back in

I hope this finds everyone well! We've been very busy so I haven't been able to get pictures of Merlin up, but he is doing well and I thought I would throw up an update. The first picture is right before a he shed two weeks ago today (told you it's been a while!)

The Next pictures are from yesterday which is 8 months from his (assumed/estimated) hatch date. It was almost 80* outside so I wanted to let him get some good natural sunlight before it gets too cold. Hope everyone enjoys and is getting ready for the winter! I'm trying to get Merlin's big guy enclosure ready so he can move into his mansion!

EDIT* You can see Lexi dog and Curry cat from my signature block in the third picture, both jealous that Merlin is out on the deck and they are not! haha

Attachments

• pre-shed.jpg
    pre-shed.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 176
  • Bday outside.jpg
    Bday outside.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 155
  • Bday outside1.jpg
    Bday outside1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 154
  • Bday outside2.jpg
    Bday outside2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 156
I have had my Panther a little over two weeks. Today is the first day he would sit still out of the cage. Usually he just goes from one hand to another. He sat there and just looked around. So exciting. Enjoy your Panther they are so cool!!! Do you have a picture of the sire?

I hope this finds everyone well! We've been very busy so I haven't been able to get pictures of Merlin up, but he is doing well and I thought I would throw up an update. The first picture is right before a he shed two weeks ago today (told you it's been a while!)

The Next pictures are from yesterday which is 8 months from his (assumed/estimated) hatch date. It was almost 80* outside so I wanted to let him get some good natural sunlight before it gets too cold. Hope everyone enjoys and is getting ready for the winter! I'm trying to get Merlin's big guy enclosure ready so he can move into his mansion!

EDIT* You can see Lexi dog and Curry cat from my signature block in the third picture, both jealous that Merlin is out on the deck and they are not! haha

His colors are coming in quite nicely. I recently acquired a holdback from Deerharvester, who has similar coloration when he's nice and calm. He's a bit of a grump though so he's dark most of the time. It's been two weeks so hopefully he starts to settle down :)

I have had my Panther a little over two weeks. Today is the first day he would sit still out of the cage. Usually he just goes from one hand to another. He sat there and just looked around. So exciting. Enjoy your Panther they are so cool!!! Do you have a picture of the sire?

I don't have a picture that I have permission to post, but his sire is Cowboy from Chameleon Paradise, a site sponsor. If you go to Bruce's website through the sponsor list at the top right you can see his sire under the list of available. Bruce said that as my guy ages his oranges/reds will transition to the yellow that Cowboy has.

His colors are coming in quite nicely. I recently acquired a holdback from Deerharvester, who has similar coloration when he's nice and calm. He's a bit of a grump though so he's dark most of the time. It's been two weeks so hopefully he starts to settle down :)

Yea, that's part of the reason I haven't put pictures of Merlin up lately (that and no free time). He has been somewhat grumpy lately and really only brings out his brighter colors in the sun or when he's excited that I'm there to feed him haha.

Did you ever see if your guy likes the blue bottle flies? I think I'm going to order more shortly.

I actually have never ordered them. I was hearing a few complaints from a few members about mantis place and was reluctant to place an order.

I actually have never ordered them. I was hearing a few complaints from a few members about mantis place and was reluctant to place an order.

Oh I hadn't heard that, but I've only ordered two batches from them. I may look around to see where else to get them. Thanks for the heads up!

I don't have any personal experience...and they're he only place I've found them in stock. May just risk it... Who knows.

So with some help from Lathis, I was able to load my slow motion video of Merlin shooting a cricket. I'll try to get a better quality, but it's still pretty cool

Got a few pictures of Merlin. First is while enjoying the shower, I just let him hang out there until he starts to walk away and then put him back in his enclosure. He was showing a little more color after a nice long shower!
I did work a lot on my armoire enclosure this weekend. I'm taking pictures to put up once it's complete, I'll make a thread. For now I'm just putting them in my album.
Make it a great day,

Attachments

• shower.JPG
    shower.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 135
  • post shower.JPG
    post shower.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 146
  • post shower1.JPG
    post shower1.JPG
    184 KB · Views: 136
  • post shower2.JPG
    post shower2.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 141
Got a few pictures of Merlin. First is while enjoying the shower, I just let him hang out there until he starts to walk away and then put him back in his enclosure. He was showing a little more color after a nice long shower!
I did work a lot on my armoire enclosure this weekend. I'm taking pictures to put up once it's complete, I'll make a thread. For now I'm just putting them in my album.
Make it a great day,
Your video and pictures are great. Good luck with your little one.

Thought I'd put up a few more pictures.... again haha. I don't know if anyone else enjoys this, but I really do like having a timeline so-to-speak of Merlin's development. The first picture is of him towards the end of the day showing more blueish greens than normal, not in a bad mood, the picture is just titled with a bad joke. The second picture is of him just taking in all the mist he can! he had a little bit of shed still around his eye and so I just let the mister go until he left that spot which was close to 15-17 minutes or so. Hope everyone is having a great day!!!

Attachments

• Feelin Blue.JPG
    Feelin Blue.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 150
  • Lovin the mist.JPG
    Lovin the mist.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 210
Back
Top Bottom