Chameleon Came in Today!!!

Bob, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it but the water did seem to absorb and coat him. He gets misted in about 20 minutes so I'm definitely going to check out the freshly waxed paint job! haha

Merlin's first trip outside

Merlin is doing quite well I think, he's shed is eating, pooping and drinking regularly. I took him outside after he shed and I'm putting some pictures up. You can see some greenish blues coming through after the shed. the last picture is of him at bedtime.

Attachments

• outside on arm.jpg
    outside on arm.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Outside 1.jpg
    Outside 1.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 186
  • Outside 2.jpg
    Outside 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 178
  • bedtime.jpg
    bedtime.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 176
First flare up

So my little guy has finally flared up a little bit for me! I've had him two weeks tomorrow and so he's about 4 1/2 months old. The pictures aren't very good since he was moving pretty quick, and the last is him trying to take the phone from me since he was over the photo shoot haha

Attachments

• 2 weeks calm.jpg
    2 weeks calm.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 2 weeks flare.jpg
    2 weeks flare.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 190
  • 2 weeks flare1.jpg
    2 weeks flare1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 243
  • 2 weeks flare2.jpg
    2 weeks flare2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 2 weeks gimme camera.jpg
    2 weeks gimme camera.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 225
So my little guy has finally flared up a little bit for me! I've had him two weeks tomorrow and so he's about 4 1/2 months old. The pictures aren't very good since he was moving pretty quick, and the last is him trying to take the phone from me since he was over the photo shoot haha

Looking good! Has he tried to climb your head yet? Mine prefers to be on my head at all times. haha.
IMG_1533.jpg

Haha that's a great picture! When he goes up my arm he always tries to go on top of my head, but my hair is too short for him to grab so he can't climb from my shoulder to the top of my head. I'm sure he would much prefer it if I put him up there versus my hand/arm/shoulder though! I'll see how he likes it tonight!

Merlin turned 5 months old!

Thought it would be easier to keep this thread going/tied together versus starting a new thread.

So Merlin turned 5 months on the 1st of the month so I thought I would put up some more pictures. My iPhone doesn't do him justice, but I think he is coming along pretty well!

The first is a few days ago as we were back in the AC after a trip outside, the last three are from yesterday while we were getting some natural sun.

Make it a great day everyone,
Jordan

Attachments

• 1 month.jpg
    1 month.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 188
  • 5 months outside.jpg
    5 months outside.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 210
  • 5 months outside1.jpg
    5 months outside1.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 5 months outside2.jpg
    5 months outside2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 178
Thought it would be easier to keep this thread going/tied together versus starting a new thread.

So Merlin turned 5 months on the 1st of the month so I thought I would put up some more pictures. My iPhone doesn't do him justice, but I think he is coming along pretty well!

The first is a few days ago as we were back in the AC after a trip outside, the last three are from yesterday while we were getting some natural sun.

Jordan

He is a beautiful chameleon.

Thanks for the compliments! I've started feeding Merlin Silkworms that I hatched out, but I don't know that he likes them as much as he likes crickets. I'm not sure if it is due to them moving slower or what. He's still eating and going to the bathroom, so I don't think anything is actually wrong. I think he is just being a little snoody to his new food haha. I hope he picks it up soon as they are growing fast and I know he won't eat them all in time at the rate we are going. Plus I worry he's not getting enough supplementation since he's not eating as much. Anyway let me know if you all have had similar experiences.

Jordan

Merlin update

Here's a Pic of Merlin from yesterday after scarfing down some crickets and moving to his basking spot. The picture didn't show it well, but he's starting to show some orange-ish yellows and should be shedding in the next week or so. I'm hoping the oranges and yellows come through more with this shed! Anyway, this is pretty much just a picture of a full and happy chameleon! Happy Friday everyone!

Make it a great day,
Jordan

Attachments

• 5.5 months.jpg
    5.5 months.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 198
Merlin is really adorable, I love all the photos!

Thank you! He started to shed yesterday so I'm going to try to get a picture of his new colors today over lunch. He had his head clear last night when I checked on him. What little bit was exposed was definitely showing more color than before.

Thank you! He started to shed yesterday so I'm going to try to get a picture of his new colors today over lunch. He had his head clear last night when I checked on him. What little bit was exposed was definitely showing more color than before.

How exciting! Nigel is scheduled for his next shed probably over the next few days. I feel somewhat of an attachment to Merlin since they're both Bruce babies! haha. Here's a picture I took of Nigel yesterday, when he was SUPER bright.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
How exciting! Nigel is scheduled for his next shed probably over the next few days. I feel somewhat of an attachment to Merlin since they're both Bruce babies! haha. Here's a picture I took of Nigel yesterday, when he was SUPER bright.
FullSizeRender.jpg

WOW! Nigel's colors look AWESOME! I'm pretty sure you told me before, but who was Nigel's sire and how old is he again? I agree on the slight attachment haha, I've always got an eye open for any post from you since both of our Chams are from Paradise!

I did check on Merlin over lunch and he was hanging out under his mister so I turned it on for 5 minutes or so as I figured it'd help him with the shed. Right now he looks like he has a transparent robe on haha. Basically its all mostly disconnected from his skin, but still on his body. I added more water to his humidifier to make sure the humidity is up high enough. I will be really surprised if any of it is still on when I get home after work.

WOW! Nigel's colors look AWESOME! I'm pretty sure you told me before, but who was Nigel's sire and how old is he again? I agree on the slight attachment haha, I've always got an eye open for any post from you since both of our Chams are from Paradise!

I did check on Merlin over lunch and he was hanging out under his mister so I turned it on for 5 minutes or so as I figured it'd help him with the shed. Right now he looks like he has a transparent robe on haha. Basically its all mostly disconnected from his skin, but still on his body. I added more water to his humidifier to make sure the humidity is up high enough. I will be really surprised if any of it is still on when I get home after work.

He turns 7 months on 9/1/15. His sire is Candy Cane. On Nigel's last shed, he wore that old skin for like 3 days before he decided to ditch it. He apparently felt attached to it (HA! No pun intended...)

He turns 7 months on 9/1/15. His sire is Candy Cane. On Nigel's last shed, he wore that old skin for like 3 days before he decided to ditch it. He apparently felt attached to it (HA! No pun intended...)

Merlin wore his for over 48 hours this time I'd say. He dropped the last of it yesterday, but I didn't have time to get a picture. He had some bubbly saliva again, so I'm back into raising the humidity and temps as Bruce from Paradise instructed me last time, but I am beginning to notice that it seems to happen around the time of his shed. In light of this, I'm thinking that maybe he is just drinking a lot more water when it's time to shed which is causing the extra saliva and bubbles?

Anyway, I'll try to get a picture of Merlin's new "paint job" after work today to share.

So I took a few pictures of Merlin after his shed and I'll put them below. I did check on him about an hour after lights out last and he was sleeping on the floor of his cage. He normally sleeps at the bottom, but on a vine, not on the floor. He seemed fairly cold to me when I moved him back up to a vine. I left his ceramic heat emitter on low so he would be warm over night (room got a little chilly). He was still there this morning (last picture is when I turned the lights on), so I don't think he fell. When I picked him up off the floor his grip was good and he was pretty quick to grab on for being half asleep. His colors and poops have looked good, but it freaks me out that he was on the ground of the enclosure. I think I'm going to try to get a fecal check to make sure he doesn't have parasites or something. He has been climbing on the screen a little the last few days. Do you all think he might be ready for his bigger cage or am I getting ahead of myself? He's in an 18x18x36 now and will be 6 months at the start of September.

Make it a great day,

Attachments

• 5 months post shed blink.jpg
    5 months post shed blink.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 222
  • 5 months post shed2.jpg
    5 months post shed2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 164
  • 5 months post shed.jpg
    5 months post shed.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 198
  • 5 months post shed3.jpg
    5 months post shed3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 5 months post shed wake up.jpg
    5 months post shed wake up.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 220
lunch time

Here is a picture of Merlin about to shoot a cricket. He's a little dark as he was hoping for more blue bottle flies over the crickets I think (may have been a little cranky too, I hadn't turned on his warm mist humidifier yet today which he seems to really enjoy). He was all over the place yesterday chasing down those flies though. I should have taken a picture because he was showing great "happy" colors while on the hunt, but I couldn't get a good picture through the screen and would have lost the flies if I opened the door.
Make it a great day,

Attachments

• 5 months shooting.jpg
    5 months shooting.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 168
Great photo! He is a real cutey!

Thank you! I've always been an animal person growing up with dogs, cats and any lizards or snakes I could catch (grew up in the country), but even after reading how much these guys grow on you I'm still surprised at how quickly he became part of the family! I've had Merlin for just about two months and my attachment has grown exponentially every day (shows in my other posts worrying over nothing)! I think he's actually the first animal I've had in probably five or six years that wasn't a stray or rescue.

Anyway, I really want to thank everyone who's followed Merlin and helped out with any questions or concerns. This forum is so great! I love reading up on everyone's chams and learing from their experiences too!

Just feeling the love and wanted to send it back to everyone else.

Make it a great day,

Back
Top Bottom