Cham with broken tail, was it fate?

ElliotG

Chameleon Enthusiast
Well so..

Early this morning I got a message from a friend telling me about a chameleon with a broken tail. She didn’t have pics, so I didn’t know how severe it was. (She’s an owner of a special needs beardie, so she likes to inform me of chameleons or leopard geckos.)

I told her I’d go check it out, but I wasn’t 100% sure if I would take it in. I went and checked it out its tail was really bad. I talked to an employee and asked if they could do a discount because of the tail, he said he would go talk to the manager.

While he was talking to the manager I just sat and looked at the poor little guy. I didn’t think I was emotionally ready. The employee came back with a 50% off deal and I couldn’t miss the opportunity, so I bought the little guy, and now he’s home with me.

He’s in Algae’s old tank since he’s tiny, it was disinfected real well and allowed time to air out before I got the little bud. Needless to say, I don’t regret my decision. This guy deserves as much of a chance as algae did and I’m wanting to help him heal through it.

9F8047B8-E39A-452A-94C9-507174D158A7.jpeg

F34D45FA-6B4B-4923-B992-3AF50C20C1E4.jpeg

Heres pictures of his tail. The tip is most definitely going to fall off, the broken segments are probably going to be lame, meaning he can’t bend his tail too well, he couldn’t bend it when I was taking a look at it. I put some polysporine on it and let him into the enclosure. I’ll be looking up safe ways to disinfect the wound besides the polysporine (if you guys have suggestions please let me know.)

for now he seems pretty happy, he’s been laying under his heat bulb soaking in the rays.
03D13D82-97DB-44DA-B22C-BF83CAD21178.jpeg

54AB322C-D140-49FD-950B-DCAEAC24FE4F.jpeg

A7F63AB0-0F32-450E-83DD-C26D1354DD65.jpeg

He’s a very small thing as you can tell by the pictures.

Im thinking of getting him and his tail to good health and possibly adopting him out to someone on the forums who would want him, With a small fee of course to help pay back the money I put into these little guys. It depends how attached I get. For now, he’s with me, and I’ll be thinking up some names.

Well so..

Early this morning I got a message from a friend telling me about a chameleon with a broken tail. She didn’t have pics, so I didn’t know how severe it was. (She’s an owner of a special needs beardie, so she likes to inform me of chameleons or leopard geckos.)

I told her I’d go check it out, but I wasn’t 100% sure if I would take it in. I went and checked it out its tail was really bad. I talked to an employee and asked if they could do a discount because of the tail, he said he would go talk to the manager.

While he was talking to the manager I just sat and looked at the poor little guy. I didn’t think I was emotionally ready. The employee came back with a 50% off deal and I couldn’t miss the opportunity, so I bought the little guy, and now he’s home with me.

He’s in Algae’s old tank since he’s tiny, it was disinfected real well and allowed time to air out before I got the little bud. Needless to say, I don’t regret my decision. This guy deserves as much of a chance as algae did and I’m wanting to help him heal through it.

View attachment 311188
View attachment 311189
Heres pictures of his tail. The tip is most definitely going to fall off, the broken segments are probably going to be lame, meaning he can’t bend his tail too well, he couldn’t bend it when I was taking a look at it. I put some polysporine on it and let him into the enclosure. I’ll be looking up safe ways to disinfect the wound besides the polysporine (if you guys have suggestions please let me know.)

for now he seems pretty happy, he’s been laying under his heat bulb soaking in the rays.
View attachment 311190
View attachment 311191
View attachment 311192
He’s a very small thing as you can tell by the pictures.

Im thinking of getting him and his tail to good health and possibly adopting him out to someone on the forums who would want him, With a small fee of course to help pay back the money I put into these little guys. It depends how attached I get. For now, he’s with me, and I’ll be thinking up some names.
Wow! That’s awesome that u found him!

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Although none of your future ones will ever replace Algae I do believe you will fall In love with this guy.
Chameleons can live a long beautiful life without the tip of their tail or most of it for that matter.
I'm so glad you found him & he has someone that will get him all healthy. I'm happy for you. ♡

Name ideas

Poseidon
cauda which means fail in Latin
Fang
godzilla
Kiwi
Merlin
Mojo
Spike
I like those names, Merlin is a funny name. I use to have a leopard gecko named Murphy.

Stumpy.
Flamazine or silver sulfadiazine cream would be better to put on the tail IMHO.
I was thinking stumpy as well, or Crooky since his tail is crooked. I’ll definitely go and pick some of that up soon, I’ve had god luck with the polysporine when it comes to minor scrapes and cuts, but I don’t think it’ll do much with how bad the tail has gotten.

Absolutely amazing man! It’s so hard for me to go to the pet store and look at there reptiles cause it makes me just wanna buy them all!!! But of course I can’t do that 😛. Hope he grows up in good health!
It’s hard sometimes! I just get the super injured ones that you can tell need work. Luckily most of the shops in my area have somewhat okay care, I won’t say the best.

I truly believe everything happens for a reason. Although none of your future ones will ever replace Algae I do believe you will fall In love with this guy.
Chameleons can live a long beautiful life without the tip of their tail or most of it for that matter.
I'm so glad you found him & he has someone that will get him all healthy. I'm happy for you. ♡
Thank you🤍

Aw. What a pretty baby! 😍 he's so adorable. That end will probably fall off. But he's gonna be a stud. Lol I would name him cripple ♡

I agree with @kinyonga on getting the silver sulfadiazine cream from a Vet for it instead. Your going to really need to watch for it becoming necrotic and moving up the tail.
I can get some in stores, I just have to read through the ingredients and make sure it has no painkillers and has the right percentage.

Back
Top Bottom