Cham with broken tail, was it fate?

Painkillers are really bad for their kidneys and general health. They can get super sick or die.
O wow okay. Thanks ! I was just curious cause I remember reading somewhere on here that someone should use some ointment but no pain relief & I was curious then never asked lol.

@ElliotG where are you that you can get silver sulfadiazine without a prescription?
So, I misunderstood the name when I looked it up online (it’s confusing ;~; ). I went to the pharmacist (they giggled at me ),: ) but recommended another cream that they said should help for the time being. (They thought it was weird I was dedicated to such a small creature, but thought he was cute.) They said to watch the necrosis and see if I notice it advancing, if so then I should get a prescription filled out. I showed them pics and everything, made sure that it didn’t have pain killers. I’ll be keeping a watch on his tail and hopefully get a prescription for him soon, especially if it gets worse.

Needless to say, it’s been awhile since I’ve embarrassed myself like that. Never again will I go in public ;__;

Last edited:
So, I misunderstood the name when I looked it up online (it’s confusing ;~;). I went to the pharmacist (they giggled at me ),: ) but recommended another cream that they said should help for the time being. (They thought it was weird I was dedicated to such a small creature, but thought he was cute.) They said to watch the necrosis and see if I notice it advancing, if so then I should get a prescription filled out. I showed them pics and everything, made sure that it didn’t have pain killers. I’ll be keeping a watch on his tail and hopefully get a prescription for him soon, especially if it gets worse.

Needless to say, it’s been awhile since I’ve embarrassed myself like that. Never again will I go in public ;__;
Aww…I’ll bet you made their day. 🥰 If you caused someone to have a good natured smile or laugh, there’s nothing at all to be embarrassed about.

43E27216-CA24-499E-BA8F-77919D17DEE1.jpeg

Little cutie says goodnight!

How's the little fella doing?
He’s awake still in his sleeping spot. Today is D3 day for them so I left some food in his cup with D3 (he was still waking up and didn’t seem interested in food at the moment.) He’s still getting use to his new environment, he ate 2 silk worms yesterday though so I know he’s hungry, just shy. Hopefully he’ll eat the mix of bugs I left for him while I’m at school. I left some silkies hornworms and dubias for him.

Looking at his tail it seemed to be a tiny bit better. I didn’t get the best look because I didn’t want to pull him out of his enclosure. But it doesn’t look as inflamed and swollen, so I’m thinking the iodine soak really helped along with the new ointment. I’ll get pics of him when I return home. I think before he goes to bed I’ll do another iodine soak and apply more ointment, so he’s got the chance to go and eat without being bothered.

Update on the lil guy.

I didn’t get to give him the iodine soak and retreat his tail since family from out of state came and I spent a bit of time with them. Before I headed off to work this morning he gobbled up a dubia and silk worm. I left more in there to see if he wanted to eat while I was gone, he’s still getting comfortable, not eating as much as I would like him too but I can understand why, his tail probably doesn’t feel the best, especially with me poking at it, he’s in a new environment, and having to be handled a bit to get his treatments done, so he’s probably stressed; I can understand why. He’s eating though, which is better than nothing. I’ll be doinf treatment after work.

I’m thinking of naming him Gringo… While it’s used in context that’s usually mocking, I think it’s a cool lil name for him. If I adopt him out the new owner could change name, but I might call him lil Gringo Bingo. I’m still not sure if I would want to adopt him out, it’s really hard since you can get so attached to chameleons you help. I also either want to help more chameleons though or at least have a different species. Like maybe striving for a smaller species, maybe a small Fischer’s. I’m not 100% sure though, I really like the lil dude. It’ll be a decision made with time.

Moral of the story, he’s doing good, and his tailed looks a little bit better. I’ll update after his second iodine soak and third ointment application.

He’s awake still in his sleeping spot. Today is D3 day for them so I left some food in his cup with D3 (he was still waking up and didn’t seem interested in food at the moment.) He’s still getting use to his new environment, he ate 2 silk worms yesterday though so I know he’s hungry, just shy. Hopefully he’ll eat the mix of bugs I left for him while I’m at school. I left some silkies hornworms and dubias for him.

Looking at his tail it seemed to be a tiny bit better. I didn’t get the best look because I didn’t want to pull him out of his enclosure. But it doesn’t look as inflamed and swollen, so I’m thinking the iodine soak really helped along with the new ointment. I’ll get pics of him when I return home. I think before he goes to bed I’ll do another iodine soak and apply more ointment, so he’s got the chance to go and eat without being bothered.
Yay. Glad he's eating some & tail is starting to look better!
Update on the lil guy.

I didn’t get to give him the iodine soak and retreat his tail since family from out of state came and I spent a bit of time with them. Before I headed off to work this morning he gobbled up a dubia and silk worm. I left more in there to see if he wanted to eat while I was gone, he’s still getting comfortable, not eating as much as I would like him too but I can understand why, his tail probably doesn’t feel the best, especially with me poking at it, he’s in a new environment, and having to be handled a bit to get his treatments done, so he’s probably stressed; I can understand why. He’s eating though, which is better than nothing. I’ll be doinf treatment after work.

I’m thinking of naming him Gringo… While it’s used in context that’s usually mocking, I think it’s a cool lil name for him. If I adopt him out the new owner could change name, but I might call him lil Gringo Bingo. I’m still not sure if I would want to adopt him out, it’s really hard since you can get so attached to chameleons you help. I also either want to help more chameleons though or at least have a different species. Like maybe striving for a smaller species, maybe a small Fischer’s. I’m not 100% sure though, I really like the lil dude. It’ll be a decision made with time.

Moral of the story, he’s doing good, and his tailed looks a little bit better. I’ll update after his second iodine soak and third ointment application.
So glad to hear! Eating some is better than none! Glad you're spending time with family cherish it! & I love the name Gringo ♡ hope his tail heals soon. 😀

Back
Top Bottom