Cham only eats ficus leaves no food.

luckykarma

Ok, I'm stumped. Our newest cham was eating up a storm. Anything he saw he'd eat. Then last week he stopped eating. Then I began to notice he eats the leaves on his ficus.

He has plenty of access to water so its not a water thing. I keep his tree well misted now just in case.

His fecals are clean. I did see one pin worm and treated for it.

His color is good. Eyes clear. Good energy.

His poop has been runny. I chalked that up to worms although I've assist fed him and they're still runny.

any chance he is a she? I have a female Panther that eats pothos leaves with a vengence (and no insects) before egg laying. Bizarre.

Last edited:
He's a He.

He's been offered:

Crickets
Hornworms
Silkworms
Dubias
Superworms

Don't have any more Phoenix worms but he gobbles those instead of chewing and they come out the other end whole.

I've heard of people poking a hole in Phoenix worms before feeding them off to help with the digestion.
I'm not entirely sure if it works since I've never had to feed the Phoenix worms.. But perhaps it's worth a try?
I hope your little guy does better soon, might just be a phase.

I guess a week without bugs isnt all that worrisome yet.

You could try offering other leafy things, veggies and fruits as well, as I doubt fiscus is particularily nutritious. And you could even smash up some bug juice and smear that on leaves he is munching.

If considerable amounts are being ingested, removing the fiscus may be advisable. Its only safe in small quantities, I've been told.

have you ever heard of a vegetarian chameleon??? pretty weird to me huh? maybe he's trying to stay healthy and stay away from fatty meats

I wouldn't be too concerned about it until it happens for 2+ weeks straight.

Just like how chams and other animals will eat dirt for minerals,
they would eat leaves for vitamins. Maybe the type of vitamin supplement
or how often the feeders are dusted could play a role in this?

Or if there is no contact with the soil in the pots, maybe it could be mineral-related as well.

I started using Miner-All and Vit-All two weeks ago and already I notice a difference in the health of
all of my animals, as opposed to using Rep-Cal and Herptivite.

Thanks Brock. He gets all the proper suppliments. I keep a chart for each Cham and do use Minerall and Vitall as well as no D calcium. That's why its so odd.

Back
Top Bottom