Cats and Chemelons?

m1ndless

Do any of you cham owners have cats? I just bought a kitten, and I am going to be setting up my cham cage around Christmas.

Should I use PVC coated mesh, since the cat cannot break through, or can I get away with a basic enclosure from lllreptile?

catz

i used screen but i got the viv off ground and kinda high both catz can only sit and watch , and get completly bored ,but keep in mind a cat will make short work of ur chem if he getz a chance

I've got two cats - one's a mouser... she'll catch and bring anything home for us. They don't even pay attention to my cham. Now - I do have aluminum mesh for the screens with plastic poultry wire along the sides - I imagine that the cat could tear the mesh up if they wanted though, I don't think they're interested.

My enclosure is going to be about 32 inches off the ground, standing 6' tall, so I am just hoping he will ignore it.

Just to be safe I think I am going to use a plastic or metal mesh for the sides?

Also, so I don't need to make another thread, if I have the sides and back mesh, would it be alright to make the front 80% plexiglass?

Same here. My cat on pays attention when there are crickets in the cage or when the chams are hunting. At night I cover the front of the cages with bath towels to avoid any potential disturbances. Cats tend to go wild at night...lololol.

My enclosure is going to be about 32 inches off the ground, standing 6' tall, so I am just hoping he will ignore it.

Just to be safe I think I am going to use a plastic or metal mesh for the sides?

Also, so I don't need to make another thread, if I have the sides and back mesh, would it be alright to make the front 80% plexiglass?

I would not use glass.

I've thought about doing that too - mainly because I've got other lights on in the house that seem to bug him when I come home from late shifts. Was thinking of grabbing some cloth from walmart to make a "curtain" for him

I put my chams cage 4 feet in the air with no real good way for the cats to get up anywhere near it. When I'm not home, they're locked out of the cham room just in case, but they only pay attention when there is real activity from feeding, etc. and at that they just watch.

I'm not saying I trust my cats with my cham, but I feel that its possible to have them both.

cat got one of my jacksons years ago, some how I forgot to latch a cage one night. He had no chance so I guess make sure you keep you cages shut.

Back
Top Bottom