Looking for a reputable breeder near Baltimore

pippen111

Hey everyone , I am a first time Chamerlon owner and I’ve done weeks of research and preparation. I am almost finished repurposing a cabinet set up into a 2x2x4 mesh caging for a new Cham . I am timid to ship a Cham buying online so I was wondering if anyone knew any good breeders in/ around that area . Looking for a veiled .thank you !

Hey everyone , I am a first time Chamerlon owner and I’ve done weeks of research and preparation. I am almost finished repurposing a cabinet set up into a 2x2x4 mesh caging for a new Cham . I am timid to ship a Cham buying online so I was wondering if anyone knew any good breeders in/ around that area . Looking for a veiled .thank you !
Hello and welcome! Shipping chameleons seems a little sketchy but really its quite safe. My most recent cham was shipped to me. What breeders do is they overnight the chameleon so you'll get it the next morning. They have days that they will only ship like Tuesday and Wednesday due to those typically being the slower mailing days and then they also check the temps all along the way from where the cham is coming from to their new home to make sure that is all safe as well. Most breeders only ship hub to hub so you'll have to pick baby up at your nearest FedEx hub for example. That way they are not on a truck without temp control and then possibly sitting on your porch in unknown temps as well.

Here is a video on how it works:

Also I know FramsChams has veileds occasionally, if you do choose to try shipping a cham, they are who I would recommend as a good breeder :)

Hello and welcome! Shipping chameleons seems a little sketchy but really its quite safe. My most recent cham was shipped to me. What breeders do is they overnight the chameleon so you'll get it the next morning. They have days that they will only ship like Tuesday and Wednesday due to those typically being the slower mailing days and then they also check the temps all along the way from where the cham is coming from to their new home to make sure that is all safe as well. Most breeders only ship hub to hub so you'll have to pick baby up at your nearest FedEx hub for example. That way they are not on a truck without temp control and then possibly sitting on your porch in unknown temps as well.

Here is a video on how it works:

Also I know FramsChams has veileds occasionally, if you do choose to try shipping a cham, they are who I would recommend as a good breeder :)

Thank you! Ok I’ll check them out . I was thinking about going to an expo and maybe finding one there as well!

Thank you! Ok I’ll check them out . I was thinking about going to an expo and maybe finding one there as well!
You'll want to be careful at an expo, some chams are breed and some are wild caught. Do you know what to look for with a healthy chameleon?

Yes, this forum has been a great source of information , good coloring , active , stable when moving etc… . But i how would I indicate if one is wild caught ?

Hi Ipardalis is in the Baltimore area I believe , if you’re looking for a panther. They are a site sponsor and have great genetics. They are super helpful with questions as well.

Back
Top Bottom