Canopy chameleon?

Omg :cry: your so sweet but honestly I don’t know how much long this Warrior princess has left. I found her upside down having a hard time getting g her tongue back in.

I’m going to be taking a break from the forum. Watching her get worse and worse is taking a toll on my mental health and my General health is also declining with all the stress. If she doesn’t make it I’ll keep y’all updated but for now I’m going to Focus on Chong and get him to the vet and make sure he’s ok at least if I can’t save my girl I can at least try and keep him healthy
I'm sorry this is so hard, I totally understand your needing to take a break. Sometimes, despite our best efforts and doing everything possible, things still don't go right. You've done your absolutely best by her. ❤️

Hello and I’m back I would love to explain why I had a breakdown. I found my poor right chocking on her tongue, she tried to hunt on her own and well she couldn’t retract her tongue. I had to push it back in to help her. The next day her did eat a roach but I had to push it in because her tongue can’t

WARNING
The next photo and video is not for those who don’t like to see animals in pain but I want y’all to see what this poor girl is going throw. She did not deserve this! She should be in her homeland being her cute cham self but no us humans think we can take living this and mistreat them like that are toys!
517881F9-ECA6-43A3-BADE-0421201761EA.jpeg

Last edited:
awe poor cheech. I understand your pain. But if it wasn't for imports, most of us wouldn't have chameleons since all the CB lines started from WC/imported chams.

awe poor cheech. I understand your pain. But if it wasn't for imports, most of us wouldn't have chameleons since all the CB lines started from WC/imported chams.
That’s fine by me to be honest. They don’t need to be caged and treated like toys

Last edited:
I'm sorry for you both. Chameleon ownership is not a thing to be entered into lightly. You have given her a chance she would never have had if someone else had her.
I completely understand how upset you are.

Your efforts are extremely admirable. What your doing for these chams is providing them with a chance and a happy place to rest and recover. Good luck on this journey joxie. Your chams are more appreciative of you than you'll ever know.

I guess this is my fault I’m hitting the wall. I can’t help but help sick animals. Out of the 4 chams I own 3/4 have been in need of medical care due to being treated wrong by old owners. I just need to stop thinking I can save every animal already

Animal rescue is emotionally, physically, and financially draining... but if it weren't for angels like you helping them, they'd never stand a chance at a good life.

Hang in there!!

@snitz427 actually showed me a few videos of a Cham who had there tongue amputated and was still living a good life

She has a few with amputated tongues! All hand fed but otherwise happy little babies

I've had several with amputated tongues over the years and they all learned to eat on their own quite quickly...and went on to live.

It's not easy dealing with WCs..some have a terrible time acclimating...some come in with so many health issues we don't even know they have because they hide it all so well. All you can do is the best you can...and that's what you've been doing...so don't kick yourself!!

Early this afternoon cheech passed. I held her in my hand and let her die in the sun. I tired my best these weeks but unfortunately she was to far gone. The stress of being housed with the male and the supplements was just to much for her. That poor girl didn’t deserve this to happen to her :cry:

Back
Top Bottom