Canopy chameleon?

awe, he's getting so big.
I just hope to keep giving little dude all he needs. It’s hard owning a cham that there isn’t a lot of info on. I’m always scared if I’m taking care of him right. I’m hoping to take him to the vet soon to get a wellness check. If my vet wasn’t 2 hours away I would’ve token him by now

Tye-Dye is way overdue for a shed (2-2 1/2 months) Looking pretty pasty himself today. Should be showing his 1yr old scales shortly.
20191122_114542.jpg

Hi I was wanting to double check what is the coldest the willsii can take? I want to move chong to the garage for the winter because my reptiles room is getting to cold now and as much as chong loves it larry and Imelda do not. My outdoor temps are currently 30/40 and my garage isn’t insulated at all. I do occasionally get drops in the 20s

If you want a simple heat solution look into oil heaters (they are the radiator style looking heaters that happen to be filled with a liquid/oil to hold temps.) I actually just kicked on my tropical room heater a few days ago as I was trying to keep the day time ambient temps up, but ended up turning it off due to the Cham's not liking the bump in heat.

If you want a simple heat solution look into oil heaters (they are the radiator style looking heaters that happen to be filled with a liquid/oil to hold temps.) I actually just kicked on my tropical room heater a few days ago as I was trying to keep the day time ambient temps up, but ended up turning it off due to the Cham's not liking the bump in heat.

The oil heaters are excellent at producing steady heat, just keep in mind its also going to dry out the air so you need a humidifier 24/7 too, imo

I've had little issue with humidity flux's in area that I run oil heaters. On the other hand I've had drastic humidity drops when it comes to the forced air over element heaters (think hair dryer.) Generally in the winter though with homes that have HVAC systems running heat you'd want to manage humidity with a humidifier anyways.

Do they need to be that much colder than the veileds overnight? My night time temps for everyone drops at least 10 degrees naturally. Day time the house ambient temps are around 72 and night time 64ish. The cham cages are obviously a little warmer during the day so thr temp drop is more like 10-20 degrees.

Im genuinely asking out of ignorance on my own part. I dont know much about
Montane species care. Im sure my weather is much different than Cali, not sure if you get the same temp fluctuations. I do know from backpacking that the temp changes are a bit more dramatic and chilly at altitude!

Do they need to be that much colder than the veileds overnight? My night time temps for everyone drops at least 10 degrees naturally. Day time the house ambient temps are around 72 and night time 64ish. The cham cages are obviously a little warmer during the day so thr temp drop is more like 10-20 degrees.

Im genuinely asking out of ignorance on my own part. I dont know much about
Montane species care. Im sure my weather is much different than Cali, not sure if you get the same temp fluctuations. I do know from backpacking that the temp changes are a bit more dramatic and chilly at altitude!
From what I read and from what I’ve heard from ppl who have owned them they do benefit from having drops down to the 40~
At the moment my area is getting drops into the 40-50 sometimes 30s I’m even getting some nice fog rolling in at night. I’m thinking about taking cheechs old cage outside and making it chongs outdoor cage for when I have nice weather for him.

Are those drops only during the winter "dry season" or all year? Out west the day temps were 90s but night temps often dropped to 60-70 during the summer, and even colder at higher elevations (10k+). So I could see where even in the warm season they might see a really chilly night. Again, just asking for my own understanding. I'd think fogging and misting overnight would drop temps 5-10 degrees more while active.

Are those drops only during the winter "dry season" or all year? Out west the day temps were 90s but night temps often dropped to 60-70 during the summer, and even colder at higher elevations (10k+). So I could see where even in the warm season they might see a really chilly night. Again, just asking for my own understanding. I'd think fogging and misting overnight would drop temps 5-10 degrees more while active.
Those are the winter temps yes, I was told to atleast get him down to 50 if I want him to have proper digestion. I don’t have to give him the 40 drop but it’s Beneficial to do so once and while. The coldest I can get the room without hurting the veileds is 55 and even then I’m kinda worried.

I new chong was going to be some work when I got him o_O

I wouldn't worry about the veileds at 55... I mean yes, its gonna be a chilly night... but in Florida they are thriving and they get temp drops well below 55 in the winter.
That’s what I keep trying to remind myself lol larry has been sluggish since the temp drops, he’s sensitive :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom