Canopy chameleon?

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
the person I’ve been Talking to shared this weather patterns they wrote down to understand the temp changes by season. They are hopping to start a cb project and are actually trying to help me get my hands on a female because I haven’t given up on the dream to get these guys cb chong is so magical and if cheech would have make it she also would have been one stunning cham1C7A8EBD-8EBD-4AB2-B58A-6B9A2B7FDCEC.jpeg

kinyonga

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don't understand how the drop helps the digestion. Chameleons are cold blooded and need the heat to digest the food from all that I've read/been told/etc. Trying to understand how this would be true.

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
I don't understand how the drop helps the digestion. Chameleons are cold blooded and need the heat to digest the food from all that I've read/been told/etc. Trying to understand how this would be true.
let me preface this with a disclaimer: I ain’t no vet, biologist, expert, or whatever. Here’s my pitch: it might be the case that a particular reptile has evolved such that his “digestion” response—ie, that inside thing that triggers good digestion—is only activate by a temp swing of ~20 degerees. That being the case,a 20 degree drop might indeed be required. Again, merely a thought, not meant as data, not as weighing in. Just ticking off the possibilities. I mean, stranger things happen in the Cham world: who’d have thought that chilling 50 eggs for three months, warming them, then repeating would give us 50 baby parsons?

kinyonga

Chameleon Enthusiast
In humans, various enzymes responsible for digestion of various foods in the stomach have a set range of temperatures at which they are active....if the temperature drops a bit because we eat something cold the reaction of digestion slows. I don't know for sure yet how this works in chameleons...but I suspect that chameleon enzymes work similarly.

Top Bottom