Canopy chameleon?

the person I’ve been Talking to shared this weather patterns they wrote down to understand the temp changes by season. They are hopping to start a cb project and are actually trying to help me get my hands on a female because I haven’t given up on the dream to get these guys cb chong is so magical and if cheech would have make it she also would have been one stunning cham 1C7A8EBD-8EBD-4AB2-B58A-6B9A2B7FDCEC.jpeg

I don't understand how the drop helps the digestion. Chameleons are cold blooded and need the heat to digest the food from all that I've read/been told/etc. Trying to understand how this would be true.

I don't understand how the drop helps the digestion. Chameleons are cold blooded and need the heat to digest the food from all that I've read/been told/etc. Trying to understand how this would be true.

let me preface this with a disclaimer: I ain’t no vet, biologist, expert, or whatever. Here’s my pitch: it might be the case that a particular reptile has evolved such that his “digestion” response—ie, that inside thing that triggers good digestion—is only activate by a temp swing of ~20 degerees. That being the case,a 20 degree drop might indeed be required. Again, merely a thought, not meant as data, not as weighing in. Just ticking off the possibilities. I mean, stranger things happen in the Cham world: who’d have thought that chilling 50 eggs for three months, warming them, then repeating would give us 50 baby parsons?

In humans, various enzymes responsible for digestion of various foods in the stomach have a set range of temperatures at which they are active....if the temperature drops a bit because we eat something cold the reaction of digestion slows. I don't know for sure yet how this works in chameleons...but I suspect that chameleon enzymes work similarly.

It’s been one year now since I got chong and even tho I lost cheech on the Journey I’m happy I got the chance to raise these guys. Keeping them cool this summer in 100+ weather wasn’t the easiest, flooded my cages trying to keep them cool but in the end we are still living and kicking. To the person who told me I would kill them hahah jokes on you because I didn’t and your just a hater hater 68411550-FCC8-4A4F-8600-D7FCAD55FCDE.jpeg DAA3C9EC-2A32-475B-86D0-69E092382F4E.jpeg 5BD97254-6B3B-49B0-ABAD-CCE2ADC3F6C5.jpeg B4A3B529-F6C3-4F75-A133-465B92405392.jpeg 30C8F994-4019-4C63-8D9E-D0E5DA14E24F.jpeg

It’s been one year now since I got chong and even tho I lost cheech on the Journey I’m happy I got the chance to raise these guys. Keeping them cool this summer in 100+ weather wasn’t the easiest, flooded my cages trying to keep them cool but in the end we are still living and kicking. To the person who told me I would kill them hahah jokes on you because I didn’t and your just a hater haterView attachment 279601View attachment 279602View attachment 279603View attachment 279604View attachment 279605
Love them ❤️

Back
Top Bottom