Canopy chameleon?

I’ve seen her looking down but not attempt of actually going down. Her grip is still good she holds on tight while on my finger so I know she’s not given up yet.
View attachment 249461View attachment 249462View attachment 249463
I have her outside now and she’s drinking the water off the leaves. Any changes I should make? Yes I know it’s gorgeous

Looks pretty solid to me. She has plants, cover, access to lay if she wants... I wish I had more experience with females to offer more!

In Jackson's people are using Repashy calcium plus LoD anywhere from 3 times a week on half the feeders to twice a month. I don't know how that would affect a willsii. You are outside of my area of knowledge. Do you know specifically what Repashy formula he/she was using?

If this is what she was given along with the Vitamin A supplement then she has been getting a ton of Vitamin A. She is likely toxic from it.
Keep hydrating her. Don't force her to eat too much. Do not give her carnivore care it has vit A.

Screen Shot 2019-10-25 at 12.28.20 PM.png

If this is what she was given along with the Vitamin A supplement then she has been getting a ton of Vitamin A. She is likely toxic from it.
Keep hydrating her. Don't force her to eat too much. Do not give her carnivore care it has vit A.

View attachment 249464
Ok I will keep up the hydration’s thank you Jill!!!

should I be worried about the male or would be have been showing signs like her?

It's going to take a few months to get the excess out of her system. I personally wouldn't give either one of them any multi vitamin supplements for months and would hold off of D3 for over one month. You will have to rely on gut loading and just go easy with calcium for a while.
D3 can balance out A but she's had a ton of that too so I wouldn't try that as an antidote.

It's going to take a few months to get the excess out of her system. I personally wouldn't give either one of them any multi vitamin supplements for months and would hold off of D3 for over one month. You will have to rely on gut loading and just go easy with calcium for a while.
D3 can balance out A but she's had a ton of that too so I wouldn't try that as an antidote.
I will do all this and cross all my fingers. Do you think the natural sun might also help since it’s natural d3?

View attachment 249464
So he just sent me a pic of his supplements and yes that’s the one

Attachments

• B1D7CC9C-E889-4AB5-AE08-34ABAF275D51.jpeg
    B1D7CC9C-E889-4AB5-AE08-34ABAF275D51.jpeg
    79.2 KB · Views: 118
Because she's wild caught and likely gravid, handling her is going to really be hard on her IMHO...so you're in a catch 22 situation...she
Ike.y needs to be handled to help her but needs to not be handled because of being WC and gravid.

If she was overdosed on vitamin A then it could have decreased her calcium levels which isn't good for her bones, egg production/shells and muscles/contractions needed to lay the eggs and to retract/shoot her tongue.

I think to get her to eat you could try sticking a cricket/insect between her teeth when her mom is opening and shutting while she drinks. If she spits it out it's a bad sign but if she eats it it's less stressful than force feeding her. There's a recipe for bug juice...but check the ensure and pedialite for vitamin A before you use it...
https://www.adcham.com/html/husbandry/bug-juice.html

If she has been overdosed with vitaminA then she will likely need vitamin D to help counter balance it...but I'm not a vet and don't want to tell you to give her extra in case I'm wrong....but sunlight is a definite option.
Also, if she has parasites they could have increased in number because of the stress IMHO. Also if she does and you treat them...I would do it slowly because if the load is too heavy you could kill her treating them aggressively.

Is it any wonder these poor WC females are difficult to acclimate/establish in captivity? My fingers are crossed.

If all her problems are from overdose of fat soluble vitamins it will be a long slow road to recovery. It takes D3 up to 2 months to leave their system and A can take up to 6 months.

I’m thinking about keeping her outside she does seem more alert now but it’s still comes and goes

Don’t overthink things. Too much moving around and change may do more harm than good. I fear that without understanding what is the root cause of the behavior we may just be making it worse. @jpowell86 , any ideas? I am so desperate to find a solution to help this girl, but can’t think of one...

Don’t overthink things. Too much moving around and change may do more harm than good. I fear that without understanding what is the root cause of the behavior we may just be making it worse. @jpowell86 , any ideas? I am so desperate to find a solution to help this girl, but can’t think of one...
I’m over thinking things because I’m getting to much info from to many keepers and some is conflicting witch is why I never made this public but I need help.

Back
Top Bottom