Can I use this plant?

Hannah04

The local green house has a ficus wintergreen? I think it's called wintergreen, or ficus winter bush maybe.. Does anyone know if I can use This?

Ficus "wintergreen" is in the ficus benjamina family so should be safe for your chameleon. It is a newer variety that is better able to handle temperature fluctuations. Ficus benjamina are generally safe for chameleons, and I have had one in one of my enclosures for over a year with no issues. Some people report mild eye irritation with this plant, but I have not had any issues. My guy loves his and eats the leaves regularly with no issues.

Ficus "wintergreen" is in the ficus benjamina family so should be safe for your chameleon. It is a newer variety that is better able to handle temperature fluctuations. Ficus benjamina are generally safe for chameleons, and I have had one in one of my enclosures for over a year with no issues. Some people report mild eye irritation with this plant, but I have not had any issues. My guy loves his and eats the leaves regularly with no issues.

And, most likely the irritation resulted from getting some of the Ficus sap directly into the eye. I doubt just the presence of the plant caused any problems.

Thanks everyone! It looks very similar to the ficus Benjamina I already have! So that's why I was wondering! Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom