Can I make earth in my terrarium?

happy14

Hi,

can I make earth in my terrarium?
I had earth in my terrarium, but my chameleon-doctor said no!
Because the earth in the terrarium is not healthy.
What should I do?

By earth, I assume you mean substrate, or dirt.
It depends on what type of chameleon. Real chameleons don't need substrate, but pygmys in terrariums can have it.

Oh sorry!
I mean substrate:D
I have real chameleons (Furcifer campani and Calumma nasuta).
My female of Calumma nasuta is for two days died:( and my male of Furcifer campani will be die:(
I must much of plants out of my terrarium and the substrate must be away... said my doctor.
I make in the evening any pics... .

Oh sorry!
I mean substrate:D
I have real chameleons (Furcifer campani and Calumma nasuta).
My female of Calumma nasuta is for two days died:( and my male of Furcifer campani will be die:(
I must much of plants out of my terrarium and the substrate must be away... said my doctor.
I make in the evening any pics... .

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your doctor is advising you correctly. Good luck with your Furcifer Campani.

The doctor tell me today what is happend with my F. campani.
I hope, he will not die:(
Also, I don´t must substrate in the terrarium?

Hallo. Ich bemerkte Sie, wo gelegt, in Deutschland. Nehme ich an, dass Sie German sprechen?Wenn Sie wirklich Deutsch sprechen, könnte es leichter sein, gerade auf Deutsch zu sprechen.

Ja, ich spreche Deutsch;)
Ihre Mail die Sie mir sendeten, kann ih leider erst nachher beantworten da ich momentan sie leider nicht öffnen kann.

Mein nasuta Weibchen wurde vor einer Wohe krank und ist doch letztendlich leider mir verstorben:(
Dann wurde vor zwei Tagen auch noch mein campani Männchen sehr schwach und wird mich wahrscheinlich ebenfalls verlassen:(
Die Ärztin meinte, dass ich keine besonders dichte Bepflanung machen sollte, da sonst zu wenig Licht am Boden und zu den Tieren kommt.
Außerdem habe ich die Erde entfernt, da sie sehr feucht war und wahrscheinlich nicht sehr gut für meine Tiere waren.
Jetzt sind die Terrarien mit ein bis zwei Pflanzen ausgestattet und der Bodengrund besteht aus Küchenrollen momentan.
Ich werde heute Nachmittag von meiner Reptilienärztin erfahren wie es meinem campani Männchen geht... .

Was veranlasste Ihren Calumma nasuta zu sterben?

(What caused your Calumma nasuta to die?)

Das wissen die Ärzte nich warum sie gestorben ist.
Sie ist auf meiner Hand gestorben und zeigte nochmal ihre schönsten Farben.
Nein, ich glaube nicht das sie eine Verstopfung hatte.

(The doctors are don´t know why my female of Calumma nasuta is died.
She is died in my hand and she takes her best colours.
No, I belive she hasn´t a blockage.)

Es würde gut sein zu wissen, wie es starb. Es könnte dasselbe Ding sein, das Ihr Mann hat, und wenn es ist, könnte es ihn retten.

(It would be good to know how it died. It might be the same thing your male has, and if it is, it might save him.)

Ich weiss, aber im Moment kümmern die Ärzte sich nur um das campani Männchen. Ich werde heute Nachmittag Bescheid bekommen wie es ihm geht oder ob er schon gestorben ist.
Ich hoffe nicht das er heute Stirbt oder die nächsten Tage:(

(I know, but in the moment help the doctors only my male.
I will today in the evening, tell me the doctors how feel my campani male or he is die.
I don´t hope, that´s he today is die.)

So Sorry to hear about your Chameleon!!!!!

I hope for the best for your male, and hopefully everything stays well

( Ellron please translate mate :) )

S.F

Hi,

can I make earth in my terrarium?
I had earth in my terrarium, but my chameleon-doctor said no!
Because the earth in the terrarium is not healthy.
What should I do?

WOW!! Seriously, not to be another downer but.....If you are dealing with such tough and rare species like the ones you keep. I would think you would have had some experience in other "easier" chameleon species/husbandry before getting into the species you have.

Yes, you can have earth....if it is the right type and used in the right type of manner.

haha, exactly Jared ;)

Please guys, write English or German. Well I can't judge here on anybody, my English isn't really good, but those German-English-mixture is horrible ;)

haha, exactly Jared ;)

Please guys, write English or German. Well I can't judge here on anybody, my English isn't really good, but those German-English-mixture is horrible ;)

I can't read a word of Germany but if they communicate better then I think they should do it and we can just wing if from the translations. Better they know what is being said than we do imo.:)

Back
Top Bottom