Call for Canadians

Kaizen

Chameleon Enthusiast
I’m interested in forming some sort of group for all us Canadian chammers. Not to be exclusive, but to help each other out with those logistical problems we often encounter when trying to follow advice from our comrades south of the border. For instance, dubias are illegal here, so having a network of fellow Canadians who might advise of other legal roach species would be nice. Likewise for obtaining or selling cb chams up here. Just thought it might be helpful. I don’t know how to go about it, but something as simple as starting a list of each others’ @names would be helpful. When, for instance I am ready to sell my babies, I’d love to be able to send out a pm to everyone up here.
...thoughts?

It would be good to be able to try to solve issues we have in Canada that others might not have to deal with...what exactly did you have in mind?

I’m down for a Canadian chameleon keepers group.

As for roaches there is 4 types legal here since they already exist here in greenhouses. The American cockroach, German cockroach, Australian cockroach, and Surinam roaches. The only species I have kept was Surinam but I would not keep them again ( they are escape artists) or any of the others.

Great idea, us canadians need to stick together.

@Lennoncham surinam, escape artists??? I have them and I could literally leave the lid off with soil and they would never leave lol. They can climb, but I've had zero trouble dealing with them

Great idea, us canadians need to stick together.

@Lennoncham surinam, escape artists??? I have them and I could literally leave the lid off with soil and they would never leave lol. They can climb, but I've had zero trouble dealing with them

not from the bin with dirt but when you put them in the feeding cup they escape real quick.

Thank goodness there’s some interest here. I have no idea how to go about forming a group, but if anyone wants to pm me about dubious (sic!) feeders ;), I’m happy to point in the right direction. Yes Australians, Americans, Germans and surinams are legal here, but surinams and Australians are really the only feasible two. Both can climb, but I’m with @jamest0o0 here: they always burrow rather than climb. In feeder cups, they can escape, but tong feeding works ok.
@kinyonga, how do we form a group on this forum?

Thank goodness there’s some interest here. I have no idea how to go about forming a group, but if anyone wants to pm me about dubious (sic!) feeders ;), I’m happy to point in the right direction. Yes Australians, Americans, Germans and surinams are legal here, but surinams and Australians are really the only feasible two. Both can climb, but I’m with @jamest0o0 here: they always burrow rather than climb. In feeder cups, they can escape, but tong feeding works ok.
@kinyonga, how do we form a group on this forum?

I don’t like to use tongs to feed my chams. Can end up hurting their tongue. Plus I don’t have all day to stand there tong feeding them.

Hmmm...maple leaf stew...think I'll pass on that! :)

No poutine? No Canadian Bacon? No tourtière? No split pea soup? No Beaver tails? No Caesar drinks. NO Nanaimo bars?
No tIre d’érable sur la neige? No Saskatoon berry pie? No sugar pie? No caribou stew?
Remember that James is a bug guy: in addition to the obviously Canadian maple leaf stew, he almost certainly makes northern black fly tea and mammoth mosquito mousse.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom