Calcium, d3, vitamins.... My breeder is totally different with care...

gotwqqd

i just talked to my breeder of veiled..... Twenty years experience. Her animals seem very healthy and are around for years at the show.

She recommends calcium with d3 and heroavite every first feeding and only the calcium with for second feeding.
Never had any issues.....

So what gives? This is completely contrary weto what see here!!!!

Fyi, she strictly id's a glass enclosure user.

Without knowing her exact setup and methods it's difficult to say. It could be that her calcium has very little d3 in it, making it safe for everyday use. What UVB bulbs does she use? What does she gutload with? There are too many variables to say for sure, but there is a definite consensus that the supplement schedules in these forums are the safest way to ensure a chameleon gets all the necessary nutrients and vitamins.

She may be doing things differently, because it works for her. If she doesn't use UVB lighting, that could be why she uses the D3 daily.

There isn't only one way to do everything, but the guidelines here are what work well for a lot of people. Especially when you're just starting out. The guidelines and care sheets are the simplest way to explain proper care and ensure the people starting out don't end up with sick and dying animals from not knowing what their animal needs to thrive.

I agree with all of the above. Some calciums with d3 have very high concentrations of it if you read the label. Others have so little, that giving it everyday would not amount to the other one if you gave it just one time in a month. We can only give on advice on what has worked for us and she is obviously doing the same. The choice is yours on how you want to handle it!

Back
Top Bottom