CA power outage :(

Sorry to hear about this. Hope they get it back on soon.
Thanks minor compared to what you have going on but I’m ready for them to turn it back on. It’s too cold here and I have no options for Beman to be less stressed. So it’s starting to irritate the hell outa me.

Thanks minor compared to what you have going on but I’m ready for them to turn it back on. It’s too cold here and I have no options for Beman to be less stressed. So it’s starting to irritate the hell outa me.

So my only suggestion would be if your worried about it getting to cold you could get some of those hand warmer heat pack things. make a hospital bin type container with egg crate or something st the bottom that you can put the heat packs under where he can’t get to them. I was gunna say covered in a towel but they need air to work.

So my only suggestion would be if your worried about it getting to cold you could get some of those hand warmer heat pack things. make a hospital bin type container with egg crate or something st the bottom that you can put the heat packs under where he can’t get to them. I was gunna say covered in a towel but they need air to work.
I don’t think they make a heat pack big enough to keep Becca warm :ROFLMAO:

On a side note, did you hear the purge sirens going off right before the power went out?

No electricity, no security cameras, I'm sure some people think it's a free for all and their opportunity to rob people.

On a side note, did you hear the purge sirens going off right before the power went out?

No electricity, no security cameras, I'm sure some people think it's a free for all and their opportunity to rob people.

I never understood that. Like when there’s hurricanes and people are looting stores. What you gunna do with a tv in a hurricane.

Thank you Bob. Fingers crossed it’s back on tomorrow and then I need to figure out a back up plan in case this happens again. I don’t want him to go without having his lights it is just too stressful for him.
Stressful for him? What about Becca?

Ok so I may totally freak out... they are saying it could take until Tuesday to restore all power. I am very far north on the coast in Eureka so if there are issues getting the lines up south of us we are screwed. Literally no one here is able to take debit cards. The grocery stores have been cleaned out. All gas stations are closed. I literally have access to nothing here... I am praying it is brought back up with out issue but if not I do not know what I can do for Beman. It’s supposed to be 41 degrees tonight. We have no heat like I’m freaking out. :cry: im having to charge my phone now sitting in my car with it running... with creepy homeless people walking by and trying to talk to me. This is just awesome... Pg&e sucks! Ok done ranting :(

Ok so I may totally freak out... they are saying it could take until Tuesday to restore all power. I am very far north on the coast in Eureka so if there are issues getting the lines up south of us we are screwed. Literally no one here is able to take debit cards. The grocery stores have been cleaned out. All gas stations are closed. I literally have access to nothing here... I am praying it is brought back up with out issue but if not I do not know what I can do for Beman. It’s supposed to be 41 degrees tonight. We have no heat like I’m freaking out. :cry: im having to charge my phone now sitting in my car with it running... with creepy homeless people walking by and trying to talk to me. This is just awesome... Pg&e sucks! Ok done ranting :(
What do I need to pack and bring y’all??? I don’t care if it’s a 4 hour drive!!

They have not turned my power off even though they said that it could happen at 12, then 8, now 10. PG&E needs to get their stuff together.
It was 4 hours after we were told here.... we had no idea they were talking days... I have lived all over the country and have never seen anything so stupid.

What do I need to pack and bring y’all??? I don’t care if it’s a 4 hour drive!!
I love you but no. There is no gas within 400 miles of us... no one here can even leave. You would get in but not be able to get out since there is gas no where. Just be my best friend and listen to me freak out about Beman and tell me it’s going to be ok. Laugh with me when I tell you about my multiple clothing layers to stay warm lol.

I’m in California as well we weren’t affected by it but there was reports of people shooting at pg&e vehicles from chp but for something like this that ever happens a power inverter works wonders it plugs into your cigarette lighter and runs a extension from your car to what ever you need powered mine is 400w but you can go bigger if needed it’s a good thing to have for only 30$

I read up on the issue... this likely wont be a one time deal. I’d start looking for a generator. Solar is more expensive and runs less... requires a solar panel or two to recharge and sunshine. Gas generators are powerful but need to have gas on hand at all times for it to work. Gas generators are loud and must be OUTSIDE (carbon exhaust), solar can stay inside.

I love my solar one. I can charge it in my car id needed, but its not powerful enough to run the big stuff (kitchen fridge). The gas one is for that.

Glad your power is back on. It maybe time to start thinking about getting supplies for the next time they shut it off.

Back
Top Bottom