CA power outage :(

If its emergency equipment its got to preform on demand every time. Anything other than gasoline, natural gas, or propane is a mistake. Modern gasoline generators are very fuel efficient and are easily converted to run on natural gas. Id recommend investing in a natural gas conversion because you can tie them directly into your homes feed line, then it will run indefinitely, no refueling. But being in Cali, im sure that's the next thing they will start shutting down for every afternoon thunders storm pretty soon...
I just need to move....

If that guy didn't ask about these don't even let him in the door, he's an idiot.

https://www.amazon.com/Nighthawk-Mo...nid=1248907011&sprefix=carbon,aps,190&sr=8-11

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/PCG?p=PCG

Well at least they are not going well either...
Does not surprise me... There are so many people here that are angry that we were not given the proper notice of what this actually was going to be or could have been. We live in a very remote area so trying to shop here we are limited in what we have access to. We have a lot of elderly here so doing this when they have very little help and then shutting off their power when we are hitting such cold temps was ridiculous!

This is just plain crazy! I can’t believe there getting away with this BS! Glad your power is back on for now.

Does not surprise me... There are so many people here that are angry that we were not given the proper notice of what this actually was going to be or could have been. We live in a very remote area so trying to shop here we are limited in what we have access to. We have a lot of elderly here so doing this when they have very little help and then shutting off their power when we are hitting such cold temps was ridiculous!

yea im watching the news as all the grocery stores are loading up all the frozen food into actively cooled refrigeration trucks.

What do the insulin folk do? That stuff gets to room temp too long and its GG.

Hey

The power is off here near Yosemite, CA. I am at an office that has power coming from a generator.

My chameleons are doing great actually. They are all montane species and are outside soaking up natural sunshine. The 10 day forecast for them is great weather with okay temperature drops at night.

However my aquarium room is another situation. Most of my smaller aquariums have plants and are receiving dissolved O2 from gases exchange from the water plants. However to keep the larger aquariums going and aerated I am having to make 25% water changes every 6 hours.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Hey

The power is off here near Yosemite, CA. I am at an office that has power coming from a generator.

My chameleons are doing great actually. They are all montane species and are outside soaking up natural sunshine. The 10 day forecast for them is great weather with okay temperature drops at night.

However my aquarium room is another situation. Most of my smaller aquariums have plants and are receiving dissolved O2 from gases exchange from the water plants. However to keep the larger aquariums going and aerated I am having to make 25% water changes every 6 hours.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Uggg Jeremy!!! I hope they get yours turned on soon! You know how it is being in the middle of nowhere too. Sounds like you were a little better prepared then I was. I will send positive vibes your way for a fast remedy and hope for all your aquariums and chams to pull through without harm.

Uggg Jeremy!!! I hope they get yours turned on soon! You know how it is being in the middle of nowhere too. Sounds like you were a little better prepared then I was. I will send positive vibes your way for a fast remedy and hope for all your aquariums and chams to pull through without harm.

Big thanks! My family and I have a generator. Except we left it at the ranch house!!

A new generator is definitely on our list of things to buy for the Aquarium/Reptile room.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I saw fires on the new this morning. Any close to you guys/gals?
No, thank god. I had my fair share of wild fires living in AZ. They are really scary. I am far up north on the coast of Cali about a hour south of Oregon. Looks like that fire was caused by a garbage truck catching on fire. :(

Back
Top Bottom