CA power outage :(

Time to put him outside. If I lost power for days at a time, I’d just leave him in his outdoor enclosure all day. You can bring him in at night if you like, but it hasn’t been that cold, at least not near Sac where I’m at.

I knew they were being sued already. Has any power company ever just closed down? Would people just not have electricity until another company took over? I would think there has to be some type of regulatory control board to keep something like that from happening.

No the power is monopolized here we have no choice to have pg&e unless your solar power, some ppl even sell there left over energy to pg&e

It’s too cold outside for Beman it is just now 52 with wind so it feels colder. He freaked with the windows being opened. He is still in his sleeping spot. I am just going to leave him be. It’s 64 in his cage. So I will just be misting him... I just realized that I will have to set every timer back up for his entire set up :(

I got 2 sweet Yeti Solar Generators from an REI Garage Sale fora sweet price. I use them for camping a lot... but they're also great for unexpected power outages. We also have a gas generator. We lose power a few times a year, but its usually brief due to storms. The generators are for when we lose power for days due to tropical or snow storms.

I think he'll be ok for a few days. If its warm enough outside, just open the window and let him crawl around in the sunlight. The sun, even coming through the glass windows, will be warmer than the ambient air.

Thanks everyone! Hopefully they turn it back on tomorrow.

I am not feeding him since I do not have any way to get him warm enough to digest. I’m gonna just let him be. He got pretty angry when I just misted so he really is not wanting to be messed with right now and I do not want to stress him out any further.

I got 2 sweet Yeti Solar Generators from an REI Garage Sale fora sweet price. I use them for camping a lot... but they're also great for unexpected power outages. We also have a gas generator. We lose power a few times a year, but its usually brief due to storms. The generators are for when we lose power for days due to tropical or snow storms.

I think he'll be ok for a few days. If its warm enough outside, just open the window and let him crawl around in the sunlight. The sun, even coming through the glass windows, will be warmer than the ambient air.
Is it a Goal Zero? If so what model do you have? I've been looking at a few of them for our weekend fishing trips to keep our coolers cold.

Is it a Goal Zero? If so what model do you have? I've been looking at a few of them for our weekend fishing trips to keep our coolers cold.

Yep - its the Yeti 400. I have the reg and lithium - lithium is way lighter but also more expensive. It will run my dometic cfx75 for about 7 hrs. A smaller one would probably run much longer. I also have a gz solar panel to recharge it while qe are camping.

Yep - its the Yeti 400. I have the reg and lithium - lithium is way lighter but also more expensive. It will run my dometic cfx75 for about 7 hrs. A smaller one would probably run much longer. I also have a gz solar panel to recharge it while qe are camping.
Thanks, I've seen some of the 400's being sold on open box specials.

My fat tailed gecko used to love power outages in the winter, since everyone took turns hiding him in there sweaters. I dont think beman would like the same treatment however...
No not at all lol. And we don’t have any windows that get sun until after 3 pm when it’s due west. Right now it’s cold everywhere in the house so I have no options. Outside it’s 57 degrees :(

It looks like there is a chance that they will turn off homes south of San Fran in certain areas... fingers crossed your not affected.
SDG&E are turning off power to many areas in Eastern San Diego county. Just lucky I live just outside the outage.

Hey everyone so I woke up to no power and the little info I can get via phone saying it could be Thursday or Friday before pg&e restores power to the 500,000 effected.

So I don’t know what the heck to do about Beman. I have no way to have any electrical running. I can hand mist, he is in a room with 3 huge windows so I could pull them all open to simulate daytime but it will not get above 65 in the house today so he is not going to get heat. So I am at a loss for what I should do.

Advice please...

Sorry to hear about this. Hope they get it back on soon.

Sorry to here this Becca. It's been one hell of a year for you. Keep the faith.
Thank you Bob. Fingers crossed it’s back on tomorrow and then I need to figure out a back up plan in case this happens again. I don’t want him to go without having his lights it is just too stressful for him.

Back
Top Bottom