CA power outage :(

Hope everyone is safe. Utility company has some serious work ahead of them so I would expect this to be the norm for a while. Takes a long time to fix infrastructure issues.

Hey Beman

The power went out here on midnight Saturday and turned back on @5:00 PM on Tuesday. Things improved this time around with having the gas generator on here for the house and the Aquarium and Reptile room. Both of those the house and the Aquarium and Reptile room made it through well. There was some drama at my place though. I almost had a disaster with my baby Salvani Cichlids, however I saved most everyone.

My guidance is for everyone in California if PG & E makes a habit out of this power outage type deal. Invest in a power generator!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Yeah it was a crazy mess here. They took us down then brought us back up after 36 hours. Then gave us another shut off notice for yesterday after 12 hours with power. Then they decided that the wind would not be high enough here and canceled it. Generators are getting stolen from yards here at night. Pretty crazy over all. I bought 2 inverters for my car and will be parking my car in the back yard behind our gate and at least will be able to run Beman's heat lamp for a while during the day along with having a way to charge our phones and my laptop for work. Had to upgrade cell coverage to include a hotspot for work. We aren't doing a generator due to them being stolen and having no place to store it or the gas.

We are better off then most though. We at least have heat, hot water, running water, and a gas stove to cook. Our neighbor is 70 and he does not even have heat. Lots of people in the surrounding areas that are on well water that do not even have water due to no electric to run the well. So I am counting our blessings and trying not to get frustrated over what appears to be the new normal here in Cali.

Glad yall are safe!

Back
Top Bottom