ButterWorms

gabzzy

i just recieved my first oder of Butterworms from Gesang of ChameleonsNorthWest.com and i was MORE than pleased with the professionalism and curtesy that was involved in the packaging and shipping and the worms, all healthy and looked delicious.
I must say i will be a return customer and would like to promote their feeders as the best i've had since i became an avid admirer of the species.
Their offer is lisited in the forum under classifieds under food; I tell you it does not get better than this, their effort in quality control is exceeding anything I've come across in the past year, all i can suggest is to check out their listing and place your order, you will be more than pleased with their results as was I.

Glad to hear that you were so pleased with your shipment but go easy on feeding those butter worms. Butterworms have a high fat content and I rarely use them except for a treat every now and then. You don't want to fatten up that little female too much. :)

Butterworms are not really all that fatty. Superworms are higher in fat content than butterworms.

I'd say youre entirely safe to include butterworms as part of a varied diet. Need not just be treats.

Butterworms are not really all that fatty. Superworms are higher in fat content than butterworms.

I'd say youre entirely safe to include butterworms as part of a varied diet. Need not just be treats.

Sandra, would this be true even if she has a female veiled that she's trying to keep her weight down to prevent a clutch? The couple of times that I bought butterworms both of my guys put on weight....I weigh them every Sunday. I feed them 3 times a week and I added a couple of butterworms along with their 5 crickets.

Hi Jannb,

All I would say is that my little Laurie (female Ambilobie for those who don't know) has eaten butters every now and then as a part of a varied diet and at 14 months old has still not become gravid yet.

They seem quite safe and agree that supers are more fattening.

Harry

Thanks Harry! I know that supers are fattening. Mine only get a super on Sundays after I weigh them IF they don't weigh too much.

Yes, in my opinion, butterworms (and other larva) can make up part of a varied diet for any chameleon - Even when you are watching a females weight. If I was going to cut out a fatty larva, it would be superworms (presuming some other gutloadable prey is also being used, like crickets)

Yes, in my opinion, butterworms (and other larva) can make up part of a varied diet for any chameleon - Even when you are watching a females weight. If I was going to cut out a fatty larva, it would be superworms (presuming some other gutloadable prey is also being used, like crickets)

Thank you Sandra!

Chameleons NorthWest was were I got my Sambava from. Elliot and Sandy were both very helpful when I was making my decision and Elliot took a good chunk of time to explain Rept-Aid for me and a few other really cool tips.
Even though they forgot to send one of the supplements I ordered with the cham and it took almost 2 weeks to get. I still have nothing but great things to say about that business.

I only bought "butters" at a local pet store once- they looked a lot like wax worms, except the color was different. My female had no interest in them at all. But my little baby boy might- another month or so they might be a good size for him. What do these butter worms turn into? I was scared to death when I bought waxworms (only did it once) that a moth would get away from me and find a local bee hive.

Back
Top Bottom