butterfly enclosure work okay?

soccerbum474

I ordered one of the tall jumbo encosures from the site below.
http://www.amazingbutterflies.com/butterfly_castles.htm

do you think this will work well? plan on getting a fake/real 5 foot tree along with a hibiscus plant. and building a sick river system that circles the entire enclosure 3 or 4 times. if i plan on putting this 3" away from a window do i also need to supplement with additional lighting?

i received my cham in a trade so i dont know its age, he said he had it close to a year, but mouth to vent its pushing three inches?!? both front and back limbs are skinny but he can eat 6 large crickets in one day no problem. i've only had him for about two weeks so i don't know for sure whether hes doing better or not. hes currently housed in a 10g aquarium with one small live plant and sticks/branches, but no leaves. (the environment he was given to me in, once his new set-up is ready he'll get all the leaves he can want, but right now i don't want to stress him to much.) I take him out side for a few hours when i can and the wind isn't too bad. he doesn't have a temper from what i can see but that also might be do to his small size.

anyways the new enclosure is 2' x 2' x 6'. i know this is perfect for a adult cham but would it be fine if i put the little guy it in anyways? i feel bad about him living in such a small cage, i want to throw him into a castle asap lol

any advise would be great!

Crix will most likely be able to chew thru that mesh. And it doesnt look very sturdy either. You can get a screen cage from LLL for about the same $$$ you paid for that thing. Call and cancel the order before they ship it out. I would get a screen cage asap and get a uvb fluorescent bulb 5.0 and a fixture now. He needs his uvb or hes going to develop mbd. You will also need a 40-60 watt household incandescent bulb for basking.

Back
Top Bottom