Bumps on my friends jackson chameleons belly

Chriss helper

Okay I have a friend that recently purchased a Jackson chameleon from petco and he now has a weird bump on his belly. My friend isn't sure if he should take him to the vet or if it's anything to worry about. He doesn't show any other signs of being sick, healthy appetite, no weight loss, not sluggish, just a weir bump on his belly. Any advice would be extremely appreciated, thank you for your time.

Okay I have a friend that recently purchased a Jackson chameleon from petco and he now has a weird bump on his belly. My friend isn't sure if he should take him to the vet or if it's anything to worry about. He doesn't show any other signs of being sick, healthy appetite, no weight loss, not sluggish, just a weir bump on his belly. Any advice would be extremely appreciated, thank you for your time.

Its almost impossible to help without seeing pictures. Could be a scar, a subcutaneous parasite, a broken rib, some sort of organ rupture, an abscess, cyst, tumor, viral infection.....you get the point.

You're obviously a good friend :)

As Carlton said, it could be any number of things and a picture would be quite helpful.

welcome :D you are great for doing this for your friend, but why did your friend not join? tell them to come on over ;) as the others have said, w/o a pic- its hard to help - is there any way you can get a pic?
here is the Jax care sheet - just encase your friend wants to check it out :)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/jacksons/

Okay I think I figured it out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 338
I can't get the other picture!!! Ugg! Help, I'm trying to save this little guy. He is a very good friend of mine but I'm also a huge animal lover, and don wanna see any hurting. Cool, never mind I figured it out, the two whitish bumps. And he doesn't have Internet that's why I'm doing this for him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 364
Vet time. While it is still hard to determine the cause of these bumps, they may be surface symptoms of a systemic infection. A year ago, I purchased a wild caught chameleon who arrived with similar bumps. A veterinarian diagnosed the animal as suffering from a serious, systemic infection. Although antibiotics are administered, the chameleon died.

I don't know if your friend's jacksons chameleon is also suffering from such an infection, but the bumps have a similar appearance to the ones on the chameleon I lost.

Back
Top Bottom