Building questions

Wont roaches survive a nuclear bomb though?, smell test is probably best, sanding is not fun ?
Hope you can find out for sure, cant be as bad as the finishings on repurposed vintage cabinet's
True... I will do the smell test. If I need it to sit longer that is fine. The idea of sanding it all off makes me want to cry. It was hard enough making sure I coated every single surface and trying to get it between the joints.

Been trawling diy wood builds for you and generally consensus is safe once gassed off for eurathane paint cant find any absolute no's like i cc an for linseed oil

Been trawling diy wood builds for you and generally consensus is safe once gassed off for eurathane paint cant find any absolute no's like i cc an for linseed oil
Awwww thank you! I was googling for like an hour this morning. But honestly I have no clue what the differences are in the things they are talking about online. I just do not understand these products enough to differentiate between one from another. Like for example, is paint the same as varnish? So while some were saying safe some were saying it would take months. That is when I called the company. They seem to think 5-7 days based on weather. I will probably give it two weeks. Unless there is no odor at all after 7 days.

If you leave the wood plain it could harm the cham and then if you paint the wood it could harm the cham. :LOL:

My "little project" is making my head hurt. This is why it has taken me soooooo long to actually build an outdoor enclosure.

My "little project" is making my head hurt. This is why it has taken me soooooo long to actually build an outdoor enclosure.
I can commiserate and sympathize. Do I build an (indoor/outdoor) enclosure or buy one?
I want one bigger than 2x2x4, but that means needing a whole sheet of PVC (and cutting myself) vs. 2x4 project panels, and I have no way to get a whole single sheet here. Then there's the drainage tray for underneath... How big do I have to go so the frame will still sit flat and inside the tray? The list goes on... I haven't slept all week, and I can't get answers from folks who have Dragon Strand cages... ?

I can commiserate and sympathize. Do I build an (indoor/outdoor) enclosure or buy one?
I want one bigger than 2x2x4, but that means needing a whole sheet of PVC (and cutting myself) vs. 2x4 project panels, and I have no way to get a whole single sheet here. Then there's the drainage tray for underneath... How big do I have to go so the frame will still sit flat and inside the tray? The list goes on... I haven't slept all week, and I can't get answers from folks who have Dragon Strand cages... ?
Sounds like you might make it easier on yourself by building an outdoor enclosure like Beman’s first and while you’re doing that, you may find inspiration and answers to making an indoor one. Can’t stores like Home Depot cut the pvc for you? Design your enclosure to be able to attach 2 pvc panels side by side for length. Drainage trays...use one (or more) that are for dishwashers. Maybe you’ve gone over these already...I dunno.

Sounds like you might make it easier on yourself by building an outdoor enclosure like Beman’s first and while you’re doing that, you may find inspiration and answers to making an indoor one. Can’t stores like Home Depot cut the pvc for you? Design your enclosure to be able to attach 2 pvc panels side by side for length. Drainage trays...use one (or more) that are for dishwashers. Maybe you’ve gone over these already...I dunno.
Thanks, but yup—BT-DT. Outdoor-only enclosure isn't practical for me here in the northeast. I've got all the inspiration I need—it's finding all the parts, etc. (I'm a designer, so I get persnickety :rolleyes:)
Getting help cutting stuff at Big Boxes in this area is hit or miss—worse since the pandemic. I thought of using 2 side-by-side panels—still working out details. Finding drain pans is easy; finding them the right size isn't!

I'll get there one way or another. My point was, I know exactly how Beman feels! ?

Back
Top Bottom