Bug Burger...

Hey gang.... I was wondering what people thought about Bug Burger and their experience with it .. Was thinking about getting that or cricket crack....

I use the bug burger dry because the crickets seem to eat it better and gel cubes for the hydration. I was thinking of switching to cricket crack next though to see how the crickets react to it, I've heard good things. Both have really good nutritional value and make it easier to gutload

So you don't cook it in the microwave?? what do you use for their water, and if you do add water and cook it dose it take the place of water?? Right now i use flukers cricket water, vitamins etc... i heard it's not very good... :eek:

Ive been using the bug burger since i got my cham. And yes if you follow the directions it does replace the need for hydration. I usually add a lil bit extra water so it stays moist longer in the fridge. I havent had any problems with crickets not eating it. In my opinion they tear it up lol

I use bug burger both cooked and uncooked and i really like it. I cook mine up on the stove. I hate putting anything in the microwave. I also have cricket crack and like it just as much though. I offer both to my crickets at different times as well as dino fuel and my own veggie gut load :D

Something to think about - I use bug burger, and I know it says on the package to prepare it in the microwave, however, microwaves have instantanous temeratures over 1200 deg F. This kills enzymes and alters the chemical structure of the neutrients. This is probably why people choose to feed it dry and why crickets like it better dry (with a water source of course).

I make mine on the stove. Just as I see the first signs of boiling, I shut it off and let it cool. The crickets seem to like it better when it's done this way, and looking at it from the nuetritional prospective it is a much wiser option.

The only thing I want to add is that bug burger smells really good, like a spicy pumpkin pie... Very Thanksgivingy :)

I make mine on the stove. Just as I see the first signs of boiling, I shut it off and let it cool. The crickets seem to like it better when it's done this way, and looking at it from the nuetritional prospective it is a much wiser option.

This is how I like mine also :) Very simple and easy to use :)

BB? Great stuff! :)
Been using it as my "all in one" gut load since the Kammer's recommended
the stuff to me a year or so ago.

I also give Cricket Crack as a dry food, and maybe a little kale if I have some,
but mostly just Bug Burger :D

I also recommend Repashy's SuperLoad. Just feed it an hour or so before you
feed them 2 your chams.

When using BB, it's best to not through a bunch of other stuff in there with it
you want the BB to be loaded in their little tummies so they can transfer all that goodness to your cham :)

Cricks are wonderful gut load vehicles as they will stuff themselves with nearly anything.

BB? Great stuff! :)
Been using it as my "all in one" gut load since the Kammer's recommended
the stuff to me a year or so ago.

I also give Cricket Crack as a dry food, and maybe a little kale if I have some,
but mostly just Bug Burger :D

I also recommend Repashy's SuperLoad. Just feed it an hour or so before you
feed them 2 your chams.

When using BB, it's best to not through a bunch of other stuff in there with it
you want the BB to be loaded in their little tummies so they can transfer all that goodness to your cham :)

Cricks are wonderful gut load vehicles as they will stuff themselves with nearly anything.

Hmm i think im gona stop with the microwave and just do it on the stove kgallego makes a good point

Haha, that's how I started using Bug Burger too, Kammer's recommended it, lol. We better watch those guys, they might be taking a cut on Bug Burger sales! Just kidding!

-Kelsey-

Someone mentioned how the bug burger smells really tasty... I just picked up a 64oz bag last week and was pleasantly surprised when I opened the bag and took a whiff.

The day before, I received a shipment of silkworms, and thought they too had a somewhat pleasant smell from the mulberry chow. I chomped a small one and realized I wouldn't be doing that again lol.

After smelling the bug burger, and reading about how people put cricket crack on their own salads and dino fuel in their milk shakes, I decided to taste a bit of the dry bug burger.

Don't do it. I swear, it has about 20 different stages of taste before it leaves your mouth, and none are pleasant! Now when I smell it dry or cooked, my stomach turns lol.

As far as the effectiveness of BB with my crickets, I am still experimenting with it to figure out the best way to cook it and feed it. Currently I have some BB and oranges and collard greens in the cricket bin. I think I will start to use it dry though, with veggies, and mixing some calcium supplement in it as well.

Good luck!

Haha, that's how I started using Bug Burger too, Kammer's recommended it, lol. We better watch those guys, they might be taking a cut on Bug Burger sales! Just kidding!

-Kelsey-

LOL!! maybe they have shares in Repashy :D
They also very highly recommended the Calcium Plus which I had already been using as an "all-in-one" suppliment.

I used to feed as instructed when I first got it but now I feed it dry. lasts longer and is easier. I also offer fresh fruit and veg for moisture and my crickets are doing great.

Back
Top Bottom