Grasshopper Piggies

It’s taken me 2 months to grow the tiny nymphs Dean sent me into mature adults. Then they take another month to sexually mature and start mating. When they do lay eggs it takes 6 months to hatch. So if you get nymphs you’re invested for damn near a year.

But I don’t care, spotted birds are fun to watch and they eat a lot so I know they’re packed with nutrients. I feed off any that don’t seem strong, or who have lost legs. And when those eggs finally do start hatching I’m gold because my incubators will be full of lay bins hatching monthly.

It’s taken me 2 months to grow the tiny nymphs Dean sent me into mature adults. Then they take another month to sexually mature and start mating. When they do lay eggs it takes 6 months to hatch. So if you get nymphs you’re invested for damn near a year.

But I don’t care, spotted birds are fun to watch and they eat a lot so I know they’re packed with nutrients. I feed off any that don’t seem strong, or who have lost legs. And when those eggs finally do start hatching I’m gold because my incubators will be full of lay bins hatching monthly.
What are you using for a incubator?

Have you had any luck with the Nitens?

When you give them a fresh lay bin, they just can't resist!

Attachments

• 20240318_124522.jpg
    20240318_124522.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom