Grasshopper Piggies

Andrew1283

Chameleon Enthusiast
My grasshoppers love half a head of escarole and a 50/50 dry mix of Repashy bug burger and Mizuri cricket gut load. This is what 50 medium hoppers did in just 2 days.

Attachments

• IMG_5689.jpeg
    IMG_5689.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5687.jpeg
    IMG_5687.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 42
Took your advice and (ex)spent some money on the crew. Needed to keep my locusts alive. Will make it “bioactive” of these days. But love the enclosure, perfect for feeders. The mesh is really thick , but too sharp for chameleons.

View attachment 350395
Looks good. What brand of enclosure are you using? I keep my feeders in a critter tote. I keep my breeders in a medium reptibreeze. The hoppers poop alot. I have a bare bottom that I cover with paper towel for easy clean up.

All the poop that reaches the bottom, yes. Everything that hits the walls or branches, no!
Yes, the poop at the bottom. What about the lay bin. Will the CuC affect the lay bin?

I'm really trying to breed grasshoppers. I have made a huge investment that hasn't been fruitful. I'm not giving up. I ordered the grasshopper care sheets from @Motherlode Chameleon. This should increase my knowledge and help me with this breeding endevor.

Yes, the poop at the bottom. What about the lay bin. Will the CuC affect the lay bin?

I'm really trying to breed grasshoppers. I have made a huge investment that hasn't been fruitful. I'm not giving up. I ordered the grasshopper care sheets from @Motherlode Chameleon. This should increase my knowledge and help me with this breeding endevor.
Now I’m over asked, but if I see the behavior of the CuC, I would say the lay bin is in danger with them. They’ll probably eat the eggs.

I’m going with this approach to lay bins. I currently have two large Reptibreeze enclosures and two nano Repti zoo enclosures are in the mail for the newborn nymphs. I’m ordering maybe 250 hoppers from Dean, both spotted birds and grey birds to make this work.

Attachments

• IMG_6838.jpeg
    IMG_6838.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 33
My grasshoppers love half a head of escarole and a 50/50 dry mix of Repashy bug burger and Mizuri cricket gut load. This is what 50 medium hoppers did in just 2 days.
where do you purchase grasshoppers?! i’ve been looking all over 😂😂

Back
Top Bottom