broken rib

chago11

i found a guy that has a meller chameleon that has a broken rib. the guy said he broke his rib as a baby and know is 2 yrs old. do you guys think that he is in lots off pain?

Here I was thinking that chameleons' ribs were made to resist hurting themselves while falling... do you have any pictures? Hopefully it's alright.

i dont have pics because its not my chameleon but its where the ribs are and if you look at it it looks like a rib. it sticks out alot. i dont know if its broken or maybe he has a rib on top of a rib. besides that he eats like a champ and he roams around like if it doesnt bother him.

i found a guy that has a meller chameleon that has a broken rib. the guy said he broke his rib as a baby and know is 2 yrs old. do you guys think that he is in lots off pain?

Cham ribs are more cartilege than bone. It could be an old injury that has healed imperfectly. Most melleri are imported and often have injuries. It may not bother the cham at all.

When I watch my cham eat, her rib cage expands and retracts (I'm assuming this is normal behaviour) but while doing so, I notice one of her ribs are short and it looks like it may be broken. I've reviewed the above posts but I just want to be reassured that she may be okay or if I should take her to a vet to be checked out? She is active, eats, drinks and appears healthy and normal. Her ribs were like this I'm assuming since I bought her 2 weeks ago. I noticed it before but its really bothering me.

Anyone with experience or has seen this before, your response is greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom