Breeding Operation

And then you will easily loose a bunch of money. No one likes the rarer and harder to breed species. If I had that much to throw on chams Id have a huge panther operation with the rare stuff on the side. Part of that $ would be moving to a place where they can be housed outside year round too.

If you were to spend that much..These are Words from a wise man..

To the op...Seriously and i mean this, only breed one female to start with. Take those babies to an expo or two, try online sources and see how well you do first. Its not just like they pop out of eggs sold. Time of year is super important <---top secret info right there. Believe me...selling in a market that has every brother cousin sister breeding them is not as easy as you think. Not only that you need to see if where you are potentially going to sell them there is a market for them. Aint no way on gods green earth i would spend that much on chameleons. Ive spent a good amount and i kick myself in the butt for it all the time.

its simple supply and demand

couldnt one just drive up the supply, there for driving the price down, so more people can afford them and then the demand would level back out to the supply? in theroy?

"Who wants $150 top breed panthers? Wait they are coming"

Must be something up in that Ill water... you kind of remind me of someone from chicago with that last post. ;)

Must be something up in that Ill water... you kind of remind me of someone from chicago with that last post. ;)

Haha, I just got done checking their personal profiles trying to see if it was actually the same person! Guess I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344305679.790681.jpg the naysayers will naysay

everyones got a dream i dont know why everyones trying to bash this guy its his money let him do what he wants with it good luck hopefully all your chams are happy and healthy a quick question whats going to be the name of your company and what types of chams will you be selling

everyones got a dream i dont know why everyones trying to bash this guy its his money let him do what he wants with it good luck hopefully all your chams are happy and healthy a quick question whats going to be the name of your company and what types of chams will you be selling

Read the whole thread, you'll see why.

Just did, a lot of good points were made and Alot of "hell no never can happens" were said,
People it's all just an idea...
Already figuring its going very difficult.
But last time I checked Rome was not built over night.
I have several right now and they all get the proper care, that's what matters. The only reason they get the care they do is because of the direction that senior members told me to go.
If I listened to Petco or some other mill they would have died.
Who else goes on Craigslist and rescues chameleons? I do, without hesitation. And to consider someone who has an idea about a breeding op to either be drinking contaminated water or would risk the health of their stock is obscured. So again, re-read and see

Joe, the llc and web domain are already bought but after what has been said here will not be posted. And ever type of panther, and veiled.

I am not anti breeding i think its great when someone sticks it out on the line to do something they love! You have to consider that most of these guys are veterans who seen a lot of these threads and get jaded after seeing the results from the failed attempts.

Its that image thats painted when people start talking about going to breed and sell $100 panther cham's that paint the picture of inexperience. The cost of raising the hatchlings etc... is what ppl are trying to stress. Nobody is saying stop dont breed! Just people painting a picture of reality so you don't loose money and cham's loose life. The fear of ppl going quantity over quality like a puppy mill.

understood

I am not anti breeding i think its great when someone sticks it out on the line to do something they love! You have to consider that most of these guys are veterans who seen a lot of these threads and get jaded after seeing the results from the failed attempts.

Its that image thats painted when people start talking about going to breed and sell $100 panther cham's that paint the picture of inexperience. The cost of raising the hatchlings etc... is what ppl are trying to stress. Nobody is saying stop dont breed! Just people painting a picture of reality so you don't loose money and cham's loose life. The fear of ppl going quantity over quality like a puppy mill.

I know what your talking about, what db88 was attempting to say if you had enough supply and the demand was not there for 250-350 you could lower the price and get the others homes fast / lowering overhead with fewer 3mo chams

honestly to the OP, everyone, no matter how tenured they are at breeding these animals will have their ups and downs, and as the OP said, rome wasn't built in a day. I say if thats your dream and passion, and you can afford to take a hit if it doesn't work, then go for it! If it works, then your just one step closer to building "Rome". I wish i had the money to do something of that sorts...say, i saw that picture, where do you live again? hahahaha ;)

Back
Top Bottom