Beignet’s home (The Cafe Du Monde)

Quick additions to make the Cafe Du Monde the Cafe Du Monde, a hand painted sign! Also a nice thick vine to stand in until we can make it out to collect the branches. We had an awful cold front roll in with tons of rain and even hail last night and tornado watches all around us. We’re back up to 70F in a couple days and hopefully we’ll find lots of great branches that were broken off by the storms :)

New UV bar light is coming in the mail by the end of the week! Also having discussions with some fellow herpers near us about a used Reptibreeze XL for the ultimate penthouse our girl deserves :) Goodnight yall!
IMG_6789.jpeg

Quick additions to make the Cafe Du Monde the Cafe Du Monde, a hand painted sign! Also a nice thick vine to stand in until we can make it out to collect the branches. We had an awful cold front roll in with tons of rain and even hail last night and tornado watches all around us. We’re back up to 70F in a couple days and hopefully we’ll find lots of great branches that were broken off by the storms :)

New UV bar light is coming in the mail by the end of the week! Also having discussions with some fellow herpers near us about a used Reptibreeze XL for the ultimate penthouse our girl deserves :) Goodnight yall! View attachment 349475
Glad yall are safe.

When you set up the new cage make sure you give yourself the distance you need for basking distance rather than taking your plants all the way up to the top. If you are getting the T5HO and a 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb you want 8-9 inches open at the top. THis will also help keep your plants alive the higher they are. See how yours are dying off at the top? Most will not tolerate the heat or being that on top of lighting so they start to die back.

Is that the exo terra jungle vine? If so you want to pull that one out. These are not recommended for them because the coating flakes off really easily. If they rub their face and eyes on them they can get pieces of the coating stuck in their eyes. Flukers vines are the only ones that are really ok for them but you still have to watch them for breaking down. You want smaller diameters so they can grip properly as well.

Glad yall are safe.

When you set up the new cage make sure you give yourself the distance you need for basking distance rather than taking your plants all the way up to the top. If you are getting the T5HO and a 5.0 or 6% UVB bulb you want 8-9 inches open at the top. THis will also help keep your plants alive the higher they are. See how yours are dying off at the top? Most will not tolerate the heat or being that on top of lighting so they start to die back.

Is that the exo terra jungle vine? If so you want to pull that one out. These are not recommended for them because the coating flakes off really easily. If they rub their face and eyes on them they can get pieces of the coating stuck in their eyes. Flukers vines are the only ones that are really ok for them but you still have to watch them for breaking down. You want smaller diameters so they can grip properly as well.
Gosh I had no idea there was that much of a difference! They looked super similar online, guess it’s one of my crested geckos’ lucky day! We’re going out tomorrow for the branches so I’m sure Beignet will be fine for just one night without the vine

Gosh I had no idea there was that much of a difference! They looked super similar online, guess it’s one of my crested geckos’ lucky day! We’re going out tomorrow for the branches so I’m sure Beignet will be fine for just one night without the vine
Yeah no worries... :) It is all part of learning. We have all bought these vines when we were new. lol I did an entire cage of them and spent something stupid on them all. Only to have to rip them all out for branches.

Back
Top Bottom