Bloody Sperm plug?

Gloriawood

Chameleon Enthusiast
So he haven’t pooed for a couple days. This morning his poo and urate were totally fine, but I noticed a sperm plug maybe? And it had a small amount of blood. He seems totally normal though. I’m wondering if it could be because he hasn’t gone for a couple days. The last poo was a bit larger than normal as well.

Attachments

• IMG_0261.jpeg
    IMG_0261.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 43
That is awfully plump for a sperm plug shedding. My experience has been they come out really thin almost papery.

How are his urates?

That is awfully plump for a sperm plug shedding. My experience has been they come out really thin almost papery.

How are his urates?
He had a normal poo and urate along with this. They were both a bit larger than normal but not alarmingly big. His urate had a tinge of orange on one end but was mostly white. I would have included a photo of those too, but I had already cleaned it up.

He had a normal poo and urate along with this. They were both a bit larger than normal but not alarmingly big. His urate had a tinge of orange on one end but was mostly white. I would have included a photo of those too, but I had already cleaned it up.
No worries just wanted to know what the color was.

Are you seeing any blood on his vent? Or active bleeding? Does the vent look normal and without prolapse?

No worries just wanted to know what the color was.

Are you seeing any blood on his vent? Or active bleeding? Does the vent look normal and without prolapse?
Yep totally normal. No blood anywhere else, no prolapse at all. Active and basking. Moving normally. This was literally the only thing out of the ordinary

Question. Do you think my local vet could run a fecal? He isn’t the same vet I take him to but is just down the road from me. I’d still take him in to be seen by his vet. But my thinking is that I could get the fecal done sooner possibly?

Question. Do you think my local vet could run a fecal? He isn’t the same vet I take him to but is just down the road from me. I’d still take him in to be seen by his vet. But my thinking is that I could get the fecal done sooner possibly?
I would request the local vet sent it out to a lab. Reptiles have some different parasites than dogs and cats.

Doing fine this morning. Ate all his bugs (and attempted to eat my finger). He’s basking now Just being his grumpy, noodlely self!

I have tried all day to get a good photo of it to show you guys, but he just was not cooperating. I’m not sure if this has anything to do with what’s going on, or if it’s nothing at all. But I’ve noticed that an area under his chin on both sides seems to be swollen? Almost like swollen lymph nodes. I circled the area in this pic, but this is not what it currently looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom