"blister" in loose skin surrounding eye

Thanks everyone. I'll be calling a vet tomorrow moring. The cage is the biggest model they make. I live in Minnesota and the people at the vet store said that with our cold DRY winters its hard to keep up the humidity and the glass is better for that! Thanks again for all the information! It was very helpful!!

That's really interesting. I used to live in Minnesota and I was recently wondering how a chameleon could handle the winters. I have a question though; how does the cage stand up to the super humid summers?

The cage is still doing fine even though it's like the amazon right here now! lol I still have to mist to keep the humidity in there up...odd when you think about it.....hmmm. I keep him in my bedroom though not colse to a window though and it's always nice and warm in there so the winters have never been an issue....

Carol, it''s the indoor formula, it says on the container every time for young, every other for half grown and every third time for adults??

yes but if you look on the front of the container(if it is the one I am thinking you have that is indoor) it will say with d3 on it. You do not want to use that every couple of days! Your chameleon is getting d3 from exposure to the UVB bulb and also if you take him outside. You do not need to give d3 that often. do not want to overdose on that! most of use a couple of times a month.

It look like humidity problem and he is dehydrated.

I had so many problems with my Ambilobe baby, one was very similar to this. I tried everything possible: antibiotic ,showers, changing supplements,changing light, increase vitamin A, and at the and we went to the vet, not reptile vet (they don't exist in my country) but ophthalmology vet, and he take out huge ball made of old sheed skin. It was quick, without any anesthetic.
I believe, the problem was humidity. Now, I give him to drink from my hand, have ZooMed repti fogger. It still happen sometimes after sheed, but when I see something under eyelid, I increase humidity, give him shower, and he take care of it.
Here are links with images
https://www.chameleonforums.com/something-stuck-under-eyelid-really-need-advice-58400/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/urg...before-vet-visit-avoid-medical-mistake-59058/
and this is he now

Attachments

• DSC00083.jpg
    DSC00083.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 159
Back
Top Bottom