Black Head

Flipmodesquadd

Hi this is my 4 month of veiled chameleon, Mojo. He has a black and white head and I havnt seen this in other chameleons. its always that color too cause i havnt seen him change yet. do you think this means anything?

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 406
hmmmm....um....definitely unusual compared to everything else i've seen...

would be awesome if that was just a unique cham, but i'd be worried about a skin condition or something just based on experience with other chams....

translucent

it's called translucent I've seen a few of these offered for sale on kingsnake your guy is worth some cash.

I only got him a week ago and I have not seen his head change. His body is always green sometimes it just gets a bit darker. He does not change color yet but he does get some spots. Is he gonna stay like that forever? Can he still change colors?

that there looks like one of them pretty translucent veiled chameleons. I've never seen an adult one, but they look pretty amazing! What a find!!!!

Hypermelanistic means your cham has been bred to have more melanin in his skin than regular chameleons - it's a new morph that's popping up. Melanin is the pigment in skin (yours and that of chams) that is responsible for color. A lot of melanin in a cell turns it black. Those areas will never change colors, but the rest of him will look like a normal cham when he gets older. Never seen one like that with such a large area covered, and also with some translucence as well! Definitely very unusual!

Here's an example of someone else's hypermelanistic cham. Everything around the black is normal coloration.

I got him from flchams.com. They are a breeder in Florida with slot of awesome looking chameleons. They also gave me the cage, lights, vines, leaves, and vitamins for him. He was under veiled chameleon morph. I highly recommend this site. They were great. On the pictures of his type none of them had a black head like his so I guess I'm just lucky.

I got him from flchams.com. They are a breeder in Florida with slot of awesome looking chameleons. They also gave me the cage, lights, vines, leaves, and vitamins for him. He was under veiled chameleon morph. I highly recommend this site. They were great. On the pictures of his type none of them had a black head like his so I guess I'm just lucky.

If your close to me in Fla let me know if you ever want to stud him out to my female lol ;)

that's awesome....i knew about the translucents, but they are usually "flesh" colored more...lol....hadn't heard of the darker.... that's pretty cool!

Haha I would defiantly def mate him but I from new jersey. They mailed him too me overnight. You should check out that site tho. Flchams.com

Back
Top Bottom