Black Head

Yeah Mike has some good stuff. I asked if you were in the UK because theyve been working with the trans hpermelanistic veileds for alot longer than we have in the U.S. Yours looks to have alot more darker pigment than any Ive seen posted on here. You "scored" a great cham man. Good luck with him.....

Hey I know this is off topic but I just found some sticks for mojo to climb on, how should I go about killin the bacteria that isnon them and stuff. Also I want to get him a nice healthy plant that he can munch on. Any recommendations?

Hey I know this is off topic but I just found some sticks for mojo to climb on, how should I go about killin the bacteria that isnon them and stuff. Also I want to get him a nice healthy plant that he can munch on. Any recommendations?

I think I have heard of people nukeing them for a few in a microwave. As for plants there is a thread on this forum that has a list with photos of acceptable plants. I personaly use and umbrella plant and hibicus plant along with a Pathos.

These sticks are too long for my microwave. And thank you for plant advice I'm new to forum :)

maybe try baking them in the oven? ... really at a loss on the sticks though I personaly used dowel rods of varying sizes attached to the screen cage with thumb tacks

as for the sticks i usually boil water and pout it over the branches a few times the sun dry them..seems to have worked in the past for me..great lookin cham too..very unique!

No reason at all to bake the sticks:rolleyes: Just get ones without thick bark or you can even strip the bark if you are worried about it consuming some. Mother nature doesnt bake sticks for them to climb on. I dont know why or how this "idea" ever got floating around. Ive never done anything except take the sticks from outside and put them in the enclosures.

I was gonna say the same thing- Hypermelanistic. I've seen one set of pics a guy had of some unusually colored Veileds and after some selective breeding he had some that looked very similar to this one. They were coined Hypermelanistic. Only thing is, this one appears to have the translucent trait displayed as well. Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom