Black Bars

mlw50

Hello All,

I have a panther that is a little over 6 months old, and has a decent amount of color, however, will show black in his bars occassionally, which I thought was odd. I'm just wondering if he'll grow out of this or if they are permanent? In all of the photos I've seen, I've never seen black bars on a chameleon with color, let alone an ambanja.
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

he is veryyy stunning! nice looking chan :D
as to your question i cant really answer that just wanted to say how pretty he is :p

i have one that looks like his brother did you get him from someone on here? mine even shows black on his throat its not what i was hoping for i had breeding plans for him but if he doesnt show a serious change im gonna have to remove him from any breeding plans he might even go up for sale

Syn, I know those are his fired-up colors, but I just find it odd that the color is black, as I've never seen another fired-up cham at his age display black really. When he fires up now versus when he was a little younger, his eye-turrets go red as opposed to black. At rest the bars are blue.

Legacy, I got him from a breader from Pittsburgh.

When nosy be's are mad or stressed they'll show black bars. He's a very nice guy, should be amazing when he's over a year old!

this cool cat has black bars almost all the time. though in a relaxed state, it's more gray or red-gray than black.

fired up

DSC_1416.jpg

normal

DSC_1137.jpg

just ateeny bit mad (but his bars were a red-ish color before.

DSC_1306.jpg

Syn, I know those are his fired-up colors, but I just find it odd that the color is black, as I've never seen another fired-up cham at his age display black really. When he fires up now versus when he was a little younger, his eye-turrets go red as opposed to black. At rest the bars are blue.

There is a difference between fired up (from seeing a female or another male) and stressed, at least in my book.

It takes time

Hello All,

I have a panther that is a little over 6 months old, and has a decent amount of color, however, will show black in his bars occassionally, which I thought was odd. I'm just wondering if he'll grow out of this or if they are permanent? In all of the photos I've seen, I've never seen black bars on a chameleon with color, let alone an ambanja.
IMAG0009.jpg

IMAG0006.jpg

Ambanjas take up to a year to a year and a half to get there adult color. he just still has his juvy colors. He looks great for 6 monthes. All that black will go away in time.

i didnt notice...

another pennsylvanian!! sweet lol im not the only one out heree:eek::p:cool:

My male ambanja also shows those black spots in his bars when he fires up. He is about 10 months old. Though he might be a mix breed panther, but I am guessing the black spots he gets is a sub adult ambanja characteristic.

He looks great

syn, would you say by those colors he looks stressed? He typically doesn't display those colors, he was gaping at my phone.

If you look at my cham he always has black bars but the black really pops out when he is pissed or basking. The other day he was right under his light and almost looked all black. But he has had black bars ever since he was a baby now he is 9mo old and the black is still as stunning as before.

Back
Top Bottom