Baby Cham acting out of ordinary

There is also sticky tongue farms vit all dry gutload which also has pollen , are you able to add any fresh foods

Sorry…but I’ve never used commercial gut loads or insect foods. I’ve always used fresh greens, veggies and a very small bit of fruit for my insects and sand for reptiles and other critters that eat a vegetarian or partial vegetarian diet. I don’t use spinach for my insects or other critters either…but it won’t hurt if you only used it once in a while.

So in Germany, you can’t get fresh veggies? That’s sad.

I use Repashy Bug Burger and add a little bit of bee pollen and spirulina to it when I make it. Just a pinch of each.
Isn’t there commercial gut-loading options on the bottom of the gut-loading form?
D9A94063-F7D1-4ED1-9EB2-FF6D704B50D5.jpeg

I totally understand
@Flick boy @kinyonga Hello fellow chameleon owners. I am in need of your help once more…I read that spinach is not so good for chameleons and the Arcadia insect fuel contains spinach powder. I wanted to buy it since it contains bee pollen, which the Repashy burger doesn’t. I’m not sure which one to order, because I realized that my gut loading is actually terrible, I don’t have a blender or a freezer atm and will have to buy a ready gutloading mix. Where I live is not always easy to find good fresh veggies and fruits and the bio ones are terribly expensive. I know I can’t give the feeders only dry gutload ofc, but it would help. I’m starting to think I might have made my little one sick…
I totally understand fresh ingredients are not always readily available and with the cost of living can be expensive especially if it's things that are not already in your own diet which you have, as i don't drive I'm only at a store once a week sometimes there isn't stock there for what I'm looking if you look at what you eat and see if there is anything in there that could be useful for your feeders , like carrots peppers , leafy greens to add to your dry gutload

I use Repashy Bug Burger and add a little bit of bee pollen and spirulina to it when I make it. Just a pinch of each.
Hi I've never used repashy, but in your opinion if the op is only able to provide a package gutload, would it be more beneficial to have repashy burger for general feeding and also have superload as a gutload prior to feeding the bugs

I’m not a fan of the super load. Anecdotally when some use it, their chameleons show signs of getting too many fat-soluble vitamins. Same with dusting the feeders with bee pollen before feeding. I think the bug burger on its own is good. I wouldn’t advocate giving any canned vegetables because of sodium and such, but frozen veggies are usually just the veggie and could be given to feeders.

Hi and welcome. I see you have a lot of great advice here so just a few points. First, when he molts, he may stop or reduce his eating and get grumpy and act weird. Since he is young and you are new to his world, you might want to keep a journal to see what gets repeated down the road. Second, Sneaking by his cage is not a good idea. He sees you and your sneaking may represent to him predetore behavior. You do not want him to fear you as a predetore. He may be cage climbing trying to figure a way out. You want him to relate to you as his caregiver. When they are young, they are very curious and you should take advantage of this window to show you are friend not foe.best of luck to you

Did the vet say why to add this to your calcium once per week. So you are using calcium plus
I have a lot going on and just now got the chance to catch up on the messages. He said korvimin is supposed to be better than the ZooMed Reptivite. I am using ZooMeds Calcium without D3 and ZooMeds Reptivite with D3

Hi and welcome. I see you have a lot of great advice here so just a few points. First, when he molts, he may stop or reduce his eating and get grumpy and act weird. Since he is young and you are new to his world, you might want to keep a journal to see what gets repeated down the road. Second, Sneaking by his cage is not a good idea. He sees you and your sneaking may represent to him predetore behavior. You do not want him to fear you as a predetore. He may be cage climbing trying to figure a way out. You want him to relate to you as his caregiver. When they are young, they are very curious and you should take advantage of this window to show you are friend not foe.best of luck to you
Hello and thank you for your advice. Actually the last couple of weeks he’s been unbelievably scared of me and the second he sees me opening the cage, he gets ready to run. Even when I hang his cup with bugs on a branch he runs away and later when he’s sure I’m gone he goes to eat…I’ve been trying to do everything possible not to stress him, but I guess I failed terribly at that

Sorry…but I’ve never used commercial gut loads or insect foods. I’ve always used fresh greens, veggies and a very small bit of fruit for my insects and sand for reptiles and other critters that eat a vegetarian or partial vegetarian diet. I don’t use spinach for my insects or other critters either…but it won’t hurt if you only used it once in a while.

So in Germany, you can’t get fresh veggies? That’s sad.
We can get fresh veggies, but it’s not so easy. I think it’s due to the fact that I live in a small town and the supermarkets aren’t always well stocked for some reason

Hello and thank you for your advice. Actually the last couple of weeks he’s been unbelievably scared of me and the second he sees me opening the cage, he gets ready to run. Even when I hang his cup with bugs on a branch he runs away and later when he’s sure I’m gone he goes to eat…I’ve been trying to do everything possible not to stress him, but I guess I failed terribly at that
Well its time to ignore him when you walk by his cage and when you feed him. Chams are curios. eventually he will understand you are not interested in hunting him. After six weeks of that, hen you can take him out once a week and handle him for very short periods. jusr remember, if he digs his nails a branch in when you go to pick him up, he could lose a nail and thats very painful and they dont always grow back. Patience, patience and more patience is needed here. Best of luck

I have a lot going on and just now got the chance to catch up on the messages. He said korvimin is supposed to be better than the ZooMed Reptivite. I am using ZooMeds Calcium without D3 and ZooMeds Reptivite with D3

@Freyja737 I would stick with the zoomed. How often are you giving them@MissSkittles does the kormivin not look like nutrobal, which I wouldn't recommend.

We can get fresh veggies, but it’s not so easy. I think it’s due to the fact that I live in a small town and the supermarkets aren’t always well stocked for some reason
Hi as I mentioned repashy bug burger ( as reccomended to me ) may be a better alternative to than arcadia insect fuel

You are doing a great job, not failing you are here asking lots of questions and making changes 😀 how's he keeping and eating

Well its time to ignore him when you walk by his cage and when you feed him. Chams are curios. eventually he will understand you are not interested in hunting him. After six weeks of that, hen you can take him out once a week and handle him for very short periods. jusr remember, if he digs his nails a branch in when you go to pick him up, he could lose a nail and thats very painful and they dont always grow back. Patience, patience and more patience is needed here. Best of luck
Thank you so much for your advice. I started ignoring him and I think it’s working for now. It’s really easy to scare him off though. The smallest mistakes takes is a few steps back. He will definitely teach me patience .

You are doing a great job, not failing you are here asking lots of questions and making changes 😀 how's he keeping and eating
The last days he’s been eating around 10 crickets a day and every morning he waits for his cup on the branch where I always hang it. His color is also bright green, which I haven’t seen for a very long time. Today exactly he hasn’t eaten much or at all I’m not sure, but there’s literally an escapee cricket on the branch couple cm in front of him and he isn’t bothered at all to eat it.

Back
Top Bottom