Better pictures of Hank, and updates of setup.

ktravelet

Well heres pictures off an actual camera, and not my cell phone quality. I also moved/created a better basking spot for him that doesn't get hotter then 85. I left it big so you guys can make sure hes looking ok.

hankbest.jpg

Such a little cutie but still too hot. Get him down to 80 tops....he shouldn't need an basking bulb at all. Get a double fixture and put your UV bulb in one side and a regular florescent bulb in the other and that works perfect for me.

I with Jannb on the getting the temp top to 80. I also agree get a double fixture and stick your uv bulb on one side and daylight bulb in the other side. He should be fine and that works great for my clan.

I with Jannb on the getting the temp top to 80. I also agree get a double fixture and stick your uv bulb on one side and daylight bulb in the other side. He should be fine and that works great for my clan.

Do you mean those combination hoods with screw bulbs and a tube bulb, or two tube bulbs? Where can I get the latter? I haven't seen one.

Do you mean those combination hoods with screw bulbs and a tube bulb, or two tube bulbs? Where can I get the latter? I haven't seen one.

No, get a fixture that will take two linear tubes.
You should be able to find one at a hardware store or home center for pretty cheap.
I don't offer a basking light until they are 6+ months old.

The chameleon looks great!
Where (or who) did you get him from?

-Brad

I got my cham from a local pet store called that fish place / pet place. They had about 5 of them in a tall screened cage with a decent amount of cover. They seem like they were taking pretty god care of them.

so you need a UV bulb and a florescent bulb also..
i get the no basking bulb until 6-8 months. UV is essential but what is the extra bulb for? a bit of extra heat or just some extra light?
thanks,, lisa

so you need a UV bulb and a florescent bulb also..
i get the no basking bulb until 6-8 months. UV is essential but what is the extra bulb for? a bit of extra heat or just some extra light?
thanks,, lisa

The regular florescent bulbs give then a bit of heat and some extra light. It can be dark in a cage with all the plants. I would try to set up your cage in a well lighted area......my guys love to look out the window. :)

Back
Top Bottom