Because I'm short: Mister to dripper connection?

Galaxy

So, I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before, attaching part of a mistking system to a Big Dripper so one doesn't have to constantly refill it?
With the new cage on the table we're currently using, I'm going to have to get a step ladder or something since there's no way I'll be able to reach the top.
I know I'd have to get another nozzle to keep the pressure consistent, and I have a couple of Mistking T splits (since I've been planning on making his current nozzle into a diy rain nozzle).
Thoughts? Experiences?

Yes there's a post by Ferretinmyshoes that shows how she did it. I think there are a couple other threads that show that concept, too. As long as your dripper doesn't stop dripping and the fill rate isn't too fast it works really well. :)

my husband has mine set up so the tube that stores the water for the drippers in opened by the misters shutting off. Then 1/2 hour is closes again.

my husband has mine set up so the tube that stores the water for the drippers in opened by the misters shutting off. Then 1/2 hour is closes again.

So why do't you send your husband to members who need his craftiness??

What is wrong with you? Share the wealth.

Yer pal,

Nick

Turning a mister into rain dome DIY

Hi Galaxy,
I followed the link here and adapted the directions on a DIY rain dome and it worked out well for me. Simply put, take a plastic cup and drill a hole so the mister will fit tightly into the bottom. Place the cup on top of the screen and maybe a weight on it. I used an abalone shell. (Looks good too).
The spray hits the side of the cup and the screen then turns into rain drops. I used the other mister conventionally mounted on the inside to wet the rest of the plants that are missed by the rain dome.
Best of luck, Greg

Back
Top Bottom