Basking light!??

mypanthercham

Basically, my 75watt basking heat lamp stopped working so I went to pets at home to buy a new one I gave them my old one and asked for the same one I told them I have a panther chameleon so she gave me a 100 watt Daylight basking heat lamp. Because it was 100watt I asked if it would be fine she said yeh yeh bla bla.. Anyway it went off for abit yesterday at first I thought it might just be temporary but when I came back today to my house it was still off :/ unsure what to do guys?!

Thank you :)

The only ones ive ever seen go out, and come back on, are the self balasting metal halide models, and those are $80+ a pop.

PS: Better check your temps at the basking site since you upped the wattage 25%, and may have changed the reflector pattern, you do not want them going over about 97F or you may end up with some burns on the top of the head etc. I use an IR temp gun and make sure my cham only gets to about 94f on the body. Yes he does not appreciate having the gun 2ft away from him :)

Honestly id just take it back and get some halogens from home depot/lowes. Its the same bulb but its $20 cheaper since it doesnt have a picture of a lizard on it.

I use these and the last about 4-5 months for a buck each:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005BYZ2YE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Its kinda hard to find a socket for them. I end up with a 94F cham from 1 foot away in a normally 75-80f room.

Back
Top Bottom