Baby veiled sleeping all day?

:D thanks me tooo.

It might also be the vitamins still though because he did eat some off of the meal worm but I'll try a different light and more vitamins and hopefully he'll be better soon.

YAY!

I have mine in black mesh cages and I use the 5.0. I think people over estimate how much is blocked (and the label on the box doesn't help!).

Definitely get your supplements in order and stuff, but I'm hopeful that getting the lower wattage bulb will solve a lot of your problems.

Yeah the guy kept telling me that the mesh screen blocked half of it but I bought the 5uvb one and told him I was just gonna try it. I'll definitely keep supplementing better though, I think it's a combination of the light being too bright so that it's making him not want to go find his food.

The guy at the store told me to bring him in tomorrow anyways though because he really wants to help me get him better. This store isn't like most, this guy only does it because he really loves reptiles and he cares about their health too. I've looked at the chameleons at petsmart and they look terrible, all of his look really active and alert.

Thanks to everyone for all the help! I'll let you guys know the status on Roger in the next couple of days :)

I just went to the store and checked on him again. He's still pretty much the same.. :( eyes closed, not eating, and just stumbling around.

What can I do???????? He's probably gonna die :(

Is there any way that I could force feed him? Just so that he gets strong enough to open his eyes and find his own food. He's so tiny I don't think I'd be able to open his mouth without hurting him :(

I sent you a message Aussie! Feel free to contact me. The cage is too big for him to hunt because he is so small and weak now. I had that same problem with my baby. I had to put crickets (the size of his head) in a cup, or put the crickets on a branch. Maybe use tweezers to hold a cricket out.

Hey everyone, I just went back to the store today to check on Roger. They've been keeping him in the back in his own little cage and giving him appetite stimulants. I held him and he was crawling all over and had both his eyes open :D They're going to keep him for a couple more days to make sure he's ready to be taken home again. They also got 9 more baby chameleons in that are a little older than him and said that I could either keep Roger or take one of the new ones. I really like Roger but if he doesn't improve I might have to get one of the new ones :( the new ones were super healthy and really fiesty so they'll probably be easier to care for but I already love my little Roger haha. Roger's looking waaay better though so hopefully I'll be able to keep him :)

Back
Top Bottom