Baby Panther Eye Problem

lisa9d

I have been noticing that I find some sort of hardened discharge In, on his eye near the ball or even somewhere on his eye away from his eyeball.

It resembles a yellowish colour that sticks to his eye that can be picked off or rubbed out with a damp Q-tip.

I'm not sure what can be causing this but one of his eyeballs seems to be swelled more now and the other one he won't open and when he does I can see more white than his eyeball.

I can try and get some pictures up, my previous attempt he wouldn't stay still long enough and did not want to be handled.

If anyone has information as to common eye problems or factors in why this would happen PLEASE enlighten me.. I have spent over $700 in vet bills on my previous chameleons alone and would like to solve this myself, IF POSSIBLE.

THANKS! :)

Im pretty sure you're not going to be able to solve this by yourself, a vet visit is probably going to be necessary if you want the best for your chameleon

Try to rinse it with contact lense clear solution. Sounds funny but it often works if the problems aren't too big already

Yes as stated,try to clean it gently,you could also use most mild eye drops also.
Treat him to some heavy mistings and he may clear it himself.
If you still have the same problem in 4 days,it maybe conjuntivitus and you will need to see your vet:rolleyes:

Goodluck with him:)

chameleons are high maintenance pets.vet visits are part of caring for them. they are very costly reptiles.take the chameleon to a vet if you want it to be healthy.

Hi All – Thank You!

He seems to be getting better as I mist. I like the shower idea.

As for the chameleons being expensive pets, Thank You. I have had many and I know what it takes, I think learning by trying to help problems is what I am going for and is what's important to me. Of course I'd take him to the vet if I couldn't help, but I did!

UV – I am using the Repti-Glo "twisty" bulb.. I haven't really explored other options, what would you suggest?

Hi All – Thank You!

He seems to be getting better as I mist. I like the shower idea.

As for the chameleons being expensive pets, Thank You. I have had many and I know what it takes, I think learning by trying to help problems is what I am going for and is what's important to me. Of course I'd take him to the vet if I couldn't help, but I did!

UV – I am using the Repti-Glo "twisty" bulb.. I haven't really explored other options, what would you suggest?

The twisty bulb is more than likely the root of your eye issues. Turn it off. Get a linear flourescent tube-Zoomed Reptisun 5.0 most recommended.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom