Arcadia or ReptiSun??

Ben0918

i currently use ReptiSun and all my reptiles love it. But i've heard Arcadia is a little better, brighter, and last longer is this true? and is their 6 and 12% much different output than other 5 and 10%?

I am extremely satisfied by the Arcadia D3 T5HO bulbs. They output a lot of light and my chameleon loves hanging around on his tree beneath them.

It's one of the items I've acquired in my pursuit of the perfect husbandry of which I am the most proud.

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com has a bunch of different kinds of lights that are good for reptiles, some fixtures too.

I changed all my lights out to Arcadia T5 6%. I'm running long fixtures to cover several cages. I also have a few one off T8's i'm swapping from Reptisun to the Arcadia T8.

These lights are outstanding.

I love the arcadia bulbs! they last for a year and are soo much brighter tha the T8 bulbs. I personally use the D3+ 12% T5HO on my veiled and panther and day geckos and they all love it!

I use the Arcadia T5 D3+ on all my chams and the change in their behavior is astonishing. I wont use anything else now!!!

is the arcadia T5 better than the T8? i have all T8 fixtures so that would be a little expensive if i had to switch over 4 fixtures

T5 has by same length twice as much light and UVB output compared with T8. You need use 2 T8 for same effect. Moreover it is electronically regulated so not more blinking, beeping...
Ok, it is more expensive, thats true.

No, T5 have circumference roughly 50mm, T8 80mm so its exactly opposite. T5 are way smaller compared to T8

Yes.. and the t5 have way more "Kick".
If you have smaller cages ... the new EuroRange are great. They are t-8 and can be a direct replacement in any fixture that takes a reptisin 5.0 (or 10.0-depending on your set up)
They last 9 mo.
And they give nice 6.5k light. ;)
And the t8 6% (and 12% t8's) last a year.
The t5 easily last a year too.
Cheers!

Repti Sun bulbs

I get my repti sun bulbs off amazon new for pretty dang cheap. I know arcadia lights are great but that is just my personal choice.

I could never actually get the acradia bulbs to try them out so have no comment on them , but the Reptisun are proven and trusted for over a while now. Those are what Ive been using with great results. You can also find them affordable and buy 4 for the price of 1 arcadia bulb. In hand will last you much longer for the price. T5s also run alot hotter than your standard t8 Ive blown 6500k Ho T5s bulbs out from misting systems as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom