Arcadia Lights are the Bomb

I think 36" Is too much for my 2x2x4' cage, looking to get a 24" lol

Do you think this would work as a T5HO Hood with the Arcadia Lights?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DIRAU/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's allot cheaper for only $50 bucks and it's a dual bulb combo. Other brands charge atleast $100 bucks for a dual hood.

Figured i'd buy this hood, buy a 22" T5HO and a 22" LED or 22" 6500k bulb and BAM, done.

if you go to home depot they have a dual light for 29$

you guys really make me want to buy one >.> after my reptiglow goes out

Do it!!! haha

Arcadia Light: $30
Dual Hood from Home Depot: $30
6500k Light from Lowes/Home Depot: $10

I'm doing allot of research on these lights, so far thats the cheapest set up with the arcadia uvb light.

if you go to home depot they have a dual light for 29$

Really? I might have to check that out tomorrow morning. Would it be the same as the Zoo Med one i listed? I like the zoo med because it has the reflectors on it ( i could also buy the reflector tape and use it on a homedepot hood) Also they have the dual switch to cut off the light(s).

Do it!!! haha

Arcadia Light: $30
Dual Hood from Home Depot: $30
6500k Light from Lowes/Home Depot: $10

I'm doing allot of research on these lights, so far thats the cheapest set up with the arcadia uvb light.

Really? I might have to check that out tomorrow morning. Would it be the same as the Zoo Med one i listed? I like the zoo med because it has the reflectors on it ( i could also buy the reflector tape and use it on a homedepot hood) Also they have the dual switch to cut off the light(s).

some have the dual switch some dont and yes they have the reflector on it I know people who use them with no problem

some have the dual switch some dont and yes they have the reflector on it I know people who use them with no problem
Nice, i'll have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Looked online and i couldn't really find cheap ones. Hopefully in-store they'll have some.

Damn, it even looks cool haha.

It's all good though, i went ahead and bought the ZooMed Dual Hood...Thanks anyways man! i'm sure someone will come across this post and pick up that hood.

My light set up i just purchased:

Hood:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DIRAU/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i01

UVB:
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/ard3t522in241.html

6500K Grow Light:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003C5PQWW/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Thes bulbs are amazing! i have been using them just under a year on my chameleons. I persoannly use the 12% on panthers and veilds and will use 6% on jacksons. They last at least one year. I say least because they have been known to go on for longer. If you have a uv metre then be sure to check readings after 12 months as they probably are higher then some 5.0 out of the box. If you dont have a metre replace every year. they give out loads of light but can be a problem with plants as a bulb on their own. they give out soo much uv the can burn the tops of plants if they get too close.:D:D:D

Thes bulbs are amazing! i have been using them just under a year on my chameleons. I persoannly use the 12% on panthers and veilds and will use 6% on jacksons. They last at least one year. I say least because they have been known to go on for longer. If you have a uv metre then be sure to check readings after 12 months as they probably are higher then some 5.0 out of the box. If you dont have a metre replace every year. they give out loads of light but can be a problem with plants as a bulb on their own. they give out soo much uv the can burn the tops of plants if they get too close.:D:D:D

so you dont think the 12% is to much??? even if it burns your plants. would it still burn the plants if you have a 6.5k bulb for the plants.

My 6.5k LED's came in today. just gotta work on mounting them. Im thinking mounting them right inside the cage being that i got the waterproof ones and they dont get hot. Is this a good idea or no?

Back
Top Bottom