Anyone......

I get the dual fixtures at lowes for about 12 bucks, they have 48 inch ones that I use across 2 cages, I use one for UVB and one for a grow light. You can also order the 24" online. As far as the Exo-terra fixture I have not used that exact one but have used similar exo terra fixtures with no problems

So do you have a separate fixture for your heat lamp then?

What does the grow light do? for the plants or chameleon?

Yeah I looked into it and the little lights are halogen and only put out UV rays so would I be able to still you it??

If you go with a reptiglo use only a 5.0 or 10.0, they put out a little less UV than a reptisun. The 10.0 will compensate.

And a grow light can be something like a 5000k daylight bulb from Home Depot/ Lowes, typically by Philips that helps the plants grow and brightens up the cage. They're like $7 for a two pack of 4' lights.

So with the little circular lights with them being halogen will they put out and heat for a basking light?

I would put 2 reptisun 5.0s in the fluorescent bulb spots and the halogens would be your basking lights. They do get quite warm though so you may want to just use one.

You can put a UVB bulb in there. Repti glo is a UVB
-If your talking about where the halogen bulbs go (seems like you were) than that is incorrect; they don't have the normal screw in sockets like all bulbs, they're like 2 prong things

I would just go with a dome for the heat and a dual fixture from diycages for the plant light and uvb.

Yes, I use a dome light with a regular house hold bulb for basking spot

same just keep changing bulbs i use a 40 watt its perfect
infact i used a heat dome from a shop lamp... and i bought a fixture from lows for 12$ 2ft" then wired it into a plug... i also got handy and added a on/off switch

Back
Top Bottom