Zilla Pro Sol

Hey there. So are you wanting to use it and replace the compact UVB bulbs? Or replace everything you have with this? If that is what your thinking I would not use this. Compact uvb just does not work for chameleons.

Additionally you do not want to heat the entire width of your enclosure. You want a warmer area for basking. But they need to be able to move out of that area to cool down. This is why dome fixtures are the go to for heat. Because they only provide heat in one small space.

Hey there. So are you wanting to use it and replace the compact UVB bulbs? Or replace everything you have with this? If that is what your thinking I would not use this. Compact uvb just does not work for chameleons.

Additionally you do not want to heat the entire width of your enclosure. You want a warmer area for basking. But they need to be able to move out of that area to cool down. This is why dome fixtures are the go to for heat. Because they only provide heat in one small space.

It has 4 places for lamps in it - I want to use 2 of them to use only for heating - so ~10 inch of it to be used to heat basking spot, other part stays empty. And I will keep Arcadia T5 as UVB.

It has 4 places for lamps in it - I want to use 2 of them to use only for heating - so ~10 inch of it to be used to heat basking spot, other part stays empty. And I will keep Arcadia T5 as UVB.
So the only issue I see with utilizing this for a cham is if the heat at the distance you need it will be correct. Also if the cham screen climbs the top this fixture would be a major thermal burn risk.

If you move forward with this make sure you check to see what each bulbs wattage allotment is as well. If it only support the micro bulbs then those are normally like a 25 watt.

So the only issue I see with utilizing this for a cham is if the heat at the distance you need it will be correct. Also if the cham screen climbs the top this fixture would be a major thermal burn risk.

If you move forward with this make sure you check to see what each bulbs wattage allotment is as well. If it only support the micro bulbs then those are normally like a 25 watt.

I'm trying it out now with control over temperature. So let's see how it will go - I have the fixture + 2 bulbs G9, 60W on one side. On the positive side - I can switch on/ off each of the lamp which provides more flexibility, two lamps actually gives too high temperature on my basking spot ~up to 95F... So switch on two and then go with one. Also ordered LED grow bulbs for another side to support plant growth. It looks really nice on enclosure, but need to probably go with one bulb or maybe just control with timer...

I'm trying it out now with control over temperature. So let's see how it will go - I have the fixture + 2 bulbs G9, 60W on one side. On the positive side - I can switch on/ off each of the lamp which provides more flexibility, two lamps actually gives too high temperature on my basking spot ~up to 95F... So switch on two and then go with one. Also ordered LED grow bulbs for another side to support plant growth. It looks really nice on enclosure, but need to probably go with one bulb or maybe just control with timer...
Yeah that is hot.... Maybe drop the bulb wattage down try 40 watt instead of the 60 watt bulbs. Might get you closer to that 80-85 basking instead.

Back
Top Bottom