Lighting upgrade

Spikemomma

Established Member
IMG_4674.jpeg
got a new 50w heat lightbulb for Spike , and removed the CHE (change not shown) does anyone have some good recommendations for plant grow lights?? šŸ¦–

^^^ like Andrew1283 have said, or you can do a T5 HO 6500K grow light from Amazon. The downside with T5 is you have to change the bulb every now and then but with LED it will take years before you have to change the while light system.

I want to add that I fought getting a jungle Dawn at first. I wanted THE BEST! Like a dummy I spent about $250.00 on what I considered to be a better lighting system with a built in timer, dimmer, and night lights! And that lighting system had lots of red LEDs which can be damaging to a chameleonā€™s eyes. Also, they donā€™t do well with night lights and my Kasa outlet strip has a great timer. I ended up turning off the red lights and the blue LED night lights. Then I switched to the more affordable Jungle Dawn which did a better job on my pothos anyway and feel mad that I wasted lots of $ to get back to what was recommended.

Last edited:
^^^ like Andrew1283 have said, or you can do a T5 HO 6500K grow light from Amazon. The downside with T5 is you have to change the bulb every now and then but with LED it will take years before you have to change the while light system.
Gotcha thank you for the input! I was trying to fond something cheaper but I know you get what you pay for lolšŸ™ƒ so I might as well go for the jungle dawn! Itā€™s gonna have to wait a little bit though spike has gone past his weekly spending limit šŸ˜‰šŸ˜¬

I want to add that I fought getting a jungle Dawn at first. I wanted THE BEST! Like a dummy I spent about $250.00 on what I considered to be a better lighting system with a built in timer, dimmer, and night lights! And that lighting system had lots of red LEDs which can be damaging to a chameleonā€™s eyes. Also, they donā€™t do well with night lights and my Kasa outlet strip has a great timer. I ended up turning off the red lights and the blue LED night lights. Then I switched to the more affordable Jungle Dawn which did a better job on my pothos anyway and feel mad that I wasted lots of $ to get back to what was recommended.
That definitely sounds frustrating!! I feel you therrr though, I have bought like 5 different lights before I got the right basking light for my boy. I might as welll make it easy on myself this time and get the recommended šŸ™ƒ lol!!

The wattage Is only determined by the length longer = more watts. I just have the 2 foot one on a 2x2x4

I'd recommend that you get the new lumenize line of jungle dawns. This seems to be forgotten because of it's newness.

In addition to the dimming, it doesn't require a smart outlet because all the timers are built-in and adjustable through the app.

Gotcha thank you for the input! I was trying to fond something cheaper but I know you get what you pay for lolšŸ™ƒ so I might as well go for the jungle dawn! Itā€™s gonna have to wait a little bit though spike has gone past his weekly spending limit šŸ˜‰šŸ˜¬
Hi! I currently have this plant light on all my cham enclosures. Its not anything amazing like the Jungle Dawn but it works. If you are looking for a cheap option for now, this good.

https://www.pangeareptile.com/products/t5-uvb-light-fixture

Back
Top Bottom