Near finished enclosure

Aidancfol

FC1E9BBF-E592-441E-B392-13FC13B591D7.jpeg
5C7E1D9B-D82B-4658-BB63-15987DE46F63.jpeg
Been working on my cage for a little bit just changing some things and adding plants. all my lights are done except I am changing out my 24 inch jungle dawn for the LumenIZE version. I think I’m done adding branches. Might add in another plant of some sort and another misting head. Any suggestions? Plants still have a little bit before a new pet

Hey there did you seal all of the wood?
You will want to change out all of the black exoterra vines. The surface on them can come off into the chameleons eyes when they rub their face on them.

Hey there did you seal all of the wood?
You will want to change out all of the black exoterra vines. The surface on them can come off into the chameleons eyes when they rub their face on them.
Yep all of the wood has been sealed, okay will definitely start working on that!

I would like to use primarily natural but feel like all the branches I have found are too thin and don’t have a ton of design to them. I have a couple natural branches but I like the fake branches so I can make the walkways and then let my pothos and stuff take them over. Thank you very much for the Recommendations

I would like to use primarily natural but feel like all the branches I have found are too thin and don’t have a ton of design to them. I have a couple natural branches but I like the fake branches so I can make the walkways and then let my pothos and stuff take them over. Thank you very much for the Recommendations
I have no trees in my yard so when I’m driving around I’m always alert for a downed tree in the wild or people who have trimmed their trees. I recently lucked out and caught the tree guys trimming the giant oak across the street from my house and dragged the entire limbs over to my yard. I only felt a little crazy. 😂🥸

It was a waterproofing one step deck sealer, and the top of the cage material should be galvanized steel
hmmm. Well it is not typically what we would recommend for sealing the wood. Most of these are not water based poly urethane and can emit fumes for a longer period. Did you let it fully gas off for a few weeks before adding anything to it?

hmmm. Well it is not typically what we would recommend for sealing the wood. Most of these are not water based poly urethane and can emit fumes for a longer period. Did you let it fully gas off for a few weeks before adding anything to it?
Yes sir I have. I built and sealed the cage 3-4 years ago

I have no trees in my yard so when I’m driving around I’m always alert for a downed tree in the wild or people who have trimmed their trees. I recently lucked out and caught the tree guys trimming the giant oak across the street from my house and dragged the entire limbs over to my yard. I only felt a little crazy. 😂🥸
😂😂 i will have to keep a eye out and go take some walks through the woods.

I used what I believe to be poison ivy vines in my first enclosure. Sooooo….there’s that

You have any tips on sanitizing outdoor branches? I found a couple and couldn’t find any clear information on it.

You have any tips on sanitizing outdoor branches? I found a couple and couldn’t find any clear information on it.
I make a bucket of soapy water (I use Dawn dish soap) use a little plastic scrub brush to wash off the branches. It’s mainly dirt and things like bird poop that you want to clean off. Then I rinse very well with a hose and then rinse again. Whatever doesn’t come off with my scrubbing gets to stay, like lichen. I don’t remove bark unless it’s already loose and I don’t bake my branches. I just let them dry in the sun.

Back
Top Bottom