Rate my enclosure

tknapp9

Hello everyone,
I please let me know what I need to change about my enclosure. I’m working on getting natural sticks and all the plants are new so I’m waiting for them to grow in. T5HO 6% liners UVB, 60 watt incandescent blue bulb, 24’x24’x48’. My cham is on his third day of the new enclosure so I get that he could be under some stress but he is super active and turns a lot more green when I feed. Please let me know. Thanks.
IMG_6082.jpeg

If those are the exoterra vines I would recommend swapping them for the flukers bend a branch. The exoterra have been known to flake off and easily get in chams eyes. What is the distance between basking branch and lights?

All the plants are real. Hibiscus and pothos. I have him multiple distances 5-10ish inches.
Ok awesome! Just watch the temp between him and the basking bulb. For some reason they cannot tell when they are being burned, so just make sure it isn’t too hot. Ideal distance for the UVB for our veiled buddies is 8-9 inches I believe. From what I can see, it looks good!

I feel you on the plants filling out 😂 I do not have a green thumb at all but I’m trying. My guy could use some more. But he also likes to eat his plants so it’s a battle lol. Does your guy have a name? We are so glad to have you both here ☺️

Hello and welcome! You are off to a great start!

One thing I would immediately remove is the ladder you have in the back of the enclosure, that rope material is known to rip out their sweet little claws.

As soon as you have those natural branches, I would also remove the fake vines you have, unfortunately with time and misting the materials on the vines flake off easily and can get stuck in your baby's eyes.

Instead of using a shower curtain I would suggest using corrugated plastic (easily found at home supply stores like Home Depot or Lowes), it will help hold in humidity and you can use it as a sturdy base to attach branches, then you don't have any pressure on your screens, which will eventually tear under the pressure of plants and branches.

And you can never have too many plants...if you can add more that would be great!

Ok awesome! Just watch the temp between him and the basking bulb. For some reason they cannot tell when they are being burned, so just make sure it isn’t too hot. Ideal distance for the UVB for our veiled buddies is 8-9 inches I believe. From what I can see, it looks good!

I feel you on the plants filling out 😂 I do not have a green thumb at all but I’m trying. My guy could use some more. But he also likes to eat his plants so it’s a battle lol. Does your guy have a name? We are so glad to have you both here ☺️
Pascal! I just got him a few weeks ago. I believe he’s 6-9 months but I’m a little worried because his colors rent very green during the day. When he’s sleeping and eating he’s a lot more green.

Pascal! I just got him a few weeks ago. I believe he’s 6-9 months but I’m a little worried because his colors rent very green during the day. When he’s sleeping and eating he’s a lot more green.
That was my guys name before I got him! I changed it to Spaghetti haha 😂

It can take a few weeks for them to settle in. When they are basking, they may be darker in color to absorb heat better. They will get very light colored when sleeping. If you are interested, you can do a full husbandry review. It’s a form you fill out and an experienced keeper will go over it for you. Let me know what you think.

Back
Top Bottom