Getting the XL enclosure ready

AP0714

Still a lot of work to do, I’m aware. But thought I’d put Sweet Caroline in there to explore a little. Let her acclimate a little before her big move. The goal is also to add some of the same plants from her smaller enclosure for even more familiarity when the time comes. She’s having a blast practically RUNNING across the branches. Not only that, but she climbed onto my hand when I offered it to her. Makes my heart happy 💛

And… get a load of that gorgeous peach color!!

Attachments

• IMG_6085.jpeg
    IMG_6085.jpeg
    192.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6089.jpeg
    IMG_6089.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6090.jpeg
    IMG_6090.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6092.jpeg
    IMG_6092.jpeg
    142.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    111.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6093.jpeg
    IMG_6093.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 9
Always welcome. I’m new to this!!
While I love how ingenious you were with your design and mounting. You cham can easily slip off of the pvc. I would suggest you run a branch down the tops of those pvc horizontal bars. Attach them to it with zip ties. This way it gives a place they can grip. PVC will get really slick when wet but also there is no texture to it so chams slip off of it.

Note with how high you came up the sides to the screen top... Your lighting will need to be lifted and stay lifted off the top of the cage. When attaching your branches back and forth I would not attach them so they sit on top of the PVC bars. This is going to put an adult cham really close to the screen top in areas. You do not want the cham being so close that they can not stand up off the branch without scrapping the spine or casque on the screen top.

Yes. Thank you!! I mostly just wanted the pvc bars to hang plants and branches off of, the lipstick plant in the back is the prototype. I have a pothos, a prayer plant and a nerve plant in her current enclosure that I plan on transferring to the xl enclosure, for a little bit of familiarity, I’ll get more plants if needed and make sure that the pvc is covered to prevent any slips. I will plan on raising the lighting once i get it up too, and moving the horizontal branches down. Just wanted her to make as much use as possible of the space. I read somewhere that chams like to be as high off the ground as possible and be higher up than their human. The enclosure will be on a stand, but my two sons are quite tall (didn’t get that from me!!).

Back
Top Bottom