Mango’s double wide

MissSkittles

Chameleon Enthusiast
After far too many things causing delays, I finally was able to get Mango’s double wide set up. There are still a couple of things to add, and I’ll get it all done eventually. Stupid arthritis is slowing me down. I’ll be adding some more branches once I see how the plants are doing. It’s been set up for a few days and Mango is still getting settled in and comfortable in it. He did already discover the isopods on his first day, of course. Thankfully he’s still a picky eater so I hope he’ll leave them alone.

IMG_5883.jpeg
IMG_5882.jpeg

I have had Lucky’s double wide set up for a little while now, but I rushed it and now need to redo some of the plants. Once I manage to get that done, I’ll share pics.

It looks great!
What did you use at the bottom of the enclosure to hold the dirt?
I use fabric/felt root pouches. The ones I used to get from Home Depot were really nice and sturdy, but I don’t think they make that type any more. I had one left and that is what I used in this enclosure. For others, I have gotten ones similar to this from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/EZ-GRO-Garde...lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=A22VZIRP51LN6P&th=1 Not as sturdy/thick but it does seem to be doing the job ok.

After far too many things causing delays, I finally was able to get Mango’s double wide set up. There are still a couple of things to add, and I’ll get it all done eventually. Stupid arthritis is slowing me down. I’ll be adding some more branches once I see how the plants are doing. It’s been set up for a few days and Mango is still getting settled in and comfortable in it. He did already discover the isopods on his first day, of course. Thankfully he’s still a picky eater so I hope he’ll leave them alone.

View attachment 352517View attachment 352518

I have had Lucky’s double wide set up for a little while now, but I rushed it and now need to redo some of the plants. Once I manage to get that done, I’ll share pics.
Wow that looks amazing, great job Vikki. Mango will be pleased, just like the rest 💚

View attachment 352517View attachment 352518

There is so much planning and care that went into that enclosure and I can tell it’s all for love of your animals. God bless you and your sweet ones

I use fabric/felt root pouches. The ones I used to get from Home Depot were really nice and sturdy, but I don’t think they make that type any more. I had one left and that is what I used in this enclosure. For others, I have gotten ones similar to this from Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/EZ-GRO-Garde...lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&smid=A22VZIRP51LN6P&th=1 Not as sturdy/thick but it does seem to be doing the job ok.
Thank you! I have been looking at getting into bioactive for Sherbert 🙂

OH that's lovely!!!! looks so nice!!! Do you notice them using all that space?
I do! This morning I was watching Mango and Bart, (enclosures side by side) performing in the slo mo Olympics. 😂 Mango is yet to fully explore/use the space. In the summer when I set my girls up in double wides, I was initially disappointed that they were staying in one small area. However, once they got used to it, they were all over.

Back
Top Bottom